71 tin top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spit nolan

Reaction score
hello,

this is my 1st bay, its a 71 model rhd tin top walk through. was 1st registered in september 71 putting it on a K plate. i picked it up locally along with a t25 which ive now sold on.

so far it owes me £1100 but im sure that will rise quite steeply as the work goes on....

frontishotherside.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

although it looks great on the top it needs some pretty serious remedial work underneath, so ive already cut all the cargo floor out, and will soon be starting on the resto work... pics to follow.

it came with a virtually brand new 1641 volkspares engine with progressive weber, only got 800 miles on it, not even run in... along with all new lights and all new brakes!! i thought about breaking it but its too pretty lol!

my plan is to do the welding and build my self an interior... im a motorhome fitter by trade so should b able to make it feel nice for the weekends away!!

oh and of course slam it to the ground... already got some end plates ready for the 4 inch narrowed beam... and will prob get some wagens west dropped spindles too..... if i dont spend the money on making my oval faster!!

hope u like it, and if anyone has some stock cab seats with runners and a stock steering wheel let me know... plus any chassis reapir panels lol!!

some more pics before i started stripping it out and cutting out rot!!

frontish.jpg

driversside.jpg

cab.jpg

bed.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

That looks great, you wouldn't know that it needed any work at all looking at the pic's!

spit nolan said:
lol cheers... wait until ive loaded the photos of the underside onto the computer!! :lol:

Oh........... :shock:

Colours going to stay the same I guess, I really like that.

yeh gonna do the work hopefully without damaging to much paint on the outside, couple of bits will have to be blown in,

although have always fancied a porsche sepia brown all over, slammed n narrowed on fully polished rims, and throw in all delux trim to add some bling!!! lol!!

naa white over burnt orange it shall stay......

Reminds me of minde - great on the surface, but a sack of cack underneath. :shock:

Make sure you keep us updated as you go along and also those piccies coming too 8)

hello and welcome! ace bus. 8)

thank you people!! :)

the bodywork is pretty good.... someone has gone to the effort of putting all new arches on and doing a proper job of it, i know there is filler in it, but hey its very good..... but why oh why they left the chassis as a rotten piece of crap ive no idea....

really is strange...

whats worrying is the guy i got it from bought it as an mot'd on the road bus... and trust me it looks as tho it should not have been mot'd anytime in the last 10 or more years... its that bad

ill get some more pics up soon as i can. and will keep posted with the progress.

cargo floors now gone... and noticed also to my surprise, the beam is already an adjustable one and there is a brand new starter motor on there... good good!! :lol:

nice and straight and a good solid lump in the back. not mad on the colour but would love my van to look as good. im jealous. :)

thank you, thank you... still have to stress this is not as good as it looks... ive got some serious work on my hands, which i really need to start takin photos of lol!!

oh and stance will def change, will be going low and narrow!! :wink:

no joining up involved other than the website... i dont like the idea of having fee's or anything like that for a club... so ditch dubbers is a free for all, just come along and have a laugh... and a pint or 2 :wink:

cheers

Latest posts