71 tintop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all your replies. this was quite an easy one really i chose this van because it was so original and unmolested so i didnt find too many bodges to put right, Its our second bay window resto and you do learn from your mistakes.
took the van to The test centre today it drives very nicely just needs a service to get rid of a slight missfire at mid revs.
The mot man said yes :D but because this van hasnt been on the road for 15 years its not registered as tax exempt, so not willing to part with £210 for tax i will have to wait till i can get to Wimbledon Registration office.
The interior is next i am afraid the Danbury interior has to go, i have a Bluebird full width rock and roll bed to go in there and a cabinet to go behind the drivers seat that came out of a 2006 danbury, other than that i just need some flooring and to clean up the doorcards.

We went on our first big outing yesterday from Ripley to Bognor and all went very well every got up bury hill no problems.
i have taken out the interior and put a new plywood floor in just need some vinyl, have been looking at Madmatz tiles has anyone fitted them and are they any good?

Good result on getting your ticket - looks like you sorted out the registration then ;)

Looking forward to some interior shots as you start to work on it :mrgreen:

iv not used madmats tiles myself.but a lot of people i know say they get scratched very easy.
but they do look good.....also good job on the van (do you want to repair my rear arches and rear corners?? they dont need painting :D :D

earl thebay said:
iv not used madmats tiles myself.but a lot of people i know say they get scratched very easy.
but they do look good.....also good job on the van (do you want to repair my rear arches and rear corners?? they dont need painting :D :D

Retired from body work for a while too much noise and mess for my missus liking, maybe in a few months when she forgets about this build.

thanks for the kind words
just been enjoying the van this summer,
i have fitted a rock and roll bed but need to decide how im going to do the interior,
i fitted the Rear bumper, some wheeltrims and a visor.
IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

Im off to Brighton breeze this weekend to get some inspiration for the interior,

P1315_10-10-10.jpg

had my Late Bay back today to fit a clutch so i took a photo of both my Bays, i really liked that bus and had it since 1989 but looking at them together im glad ive gone Early

just checked this thread out - wow great quick work and like the pic in the high street of both bays!!

r73 said:
just checked this thread out - wow great quick work and like the pic in the high street of both bays!!
thank you just looked at your westie looking good aswell.
you obviously know Ripley high street then

Not done much over the winter but started to get things moving got some Fuch alloys from Midland Wheels put some tyre on yesterday.
took a quick photo but weather is a bit dismal here.
1297614143.jpg

i think i need to to lower the front a bit.
1297614267.jpg

i need to sort out an exhaust next im thinking maybe a single quiet pack.

yes just a local agricultural show but free entre to anyone in a classic,
lots of Yank stuff there qite a few British cars and about 20 Vws.

Yes the dormy is Nice its kevin.s our club organiser. all original inside and nice paint done a long while ago but still good.

Latest posts