71 tintop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been. A a long time since I last posted been busy building my 1970 1500 bug.
468a91c3.jpg

Also just won a late bay single cab on eBay picking it up tomorrow.

Not posted any pictures on my gallery for nearly a year, been busy camping, going to shows and restoring a Late single cab
IMG_3154.jpg

83A4457D-00DC-452C-8D4A-C4814E8996AE-814-000000C0E7FB9D0D.jpg

meeting up on the way to Busfest.
57235C06-EF3F-4D28-8CC7-2470714317E8-814-000000C1525B9FB0.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

Not updated lately, been busy on the single cab Latey.
but decided to start on the interior trim on the bus ive order my rock and roll bed cushions from Delilahs and they are coming soon so thought i better get the rest looking nice. The vinyl i put down three years ago was looking a bit grubby so i phoned a mate who is a carpet fitter and he found me an off cut.

i think its a good match with the door panels.

i took a drive up to Delilah's today and picked up my new Rock and Roll Bed cushions.

Im really pleased with the finished job
Thanks To Lizzie and Daz, nice people who do a great job.

started organising 1776 engine took all my spare engine parts to Harry Harpics it seems i have a good case and some nice heads so a good base to start from.

will add photos when the machining is done.

Ok so Ive got the 1776 back from Harry Harpics and started to take the old engine out
Nothing wrong with it really apart from leaking a lot .
The engine bay needed a tidy up, no major rust issues just a good degrease.
Took the Firewall off, couldnt believe how new the tank looked.

done a bit more work

cut the filter bracket off.
tidied up the engine bay a bit and started making sure the carbs didnt fould the tinware.

Nearly there now just got to sortout the oil lines and then its ready for the first start.
Fitted standard exhaust for now intil I have funds for a Vintage Speed.
It will be quieter for the cam burn anyway.

That's a cute fuel pump, is it a filter as well ? I haven't seen one like that before.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsuba-Type-12v-Fuel-Pump-/390695667494?_trksid=p2054897.l4275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts