'72 Brakes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy

Reaction score
Hello people :D just been to GSF to get some brake shoes for my front brakes now i have never taken the wheel off but they tell me I should have Disc on the front and drum on the back, is this right?

Im at work at the mo, so im not being lazy :D hehe

My '72 has discs up front and drums at the rear - I think the front calipers are one-year only (they have thinner pads than the later ones), I heard they were the same as Porsche 914 calipers, perhaps someone else can confirm/tell me I'm wrong!!!

;)

Well i have the pads and it says they are for porsche so i think maybe you are right, ok well thats good to know anyway, thank you LD

OK people need some suggestion, got to my brakes but the nuts had seized....AHHHHH was out there with everything hitting with hammer, what should I do, I don't wanna take it to a garage as its such an easy job and I can't keep spending money on easy jobs :D

Shaggy said:
OK will WD40 do :D

If it's all you've got then it will be fine, 3-in-1 is best but WD40 will probably do the trick, when you do it tomorrow try adding a bar or the ring end of another spanner to your main spanner to give you increased leverage rather than hitting it with a spanner!

;)

71-72 vans are da bomb but what a pain being only one year. I've got
parts galore for brakes for the 73 on
Pads and rear shoes which i'm certain are different on our vans

Latest posts