• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

72 crossover deluxe-no longer for sale. Mods remove please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donkers

Reaction score
Pains me to do this but as I'm no longer living where my garage (and therefore van) is means this is going to be impossible for me to finish
72 crossover deluxe, Kansas beige og paint. Few knocks here and there but overall pretty straight. Few small patches of welding done, drivers floor, battery tray and I've replaced the engine bay corner tray as it was butchered badly. Vw birth certificate. Underside has been stone chipped and Dinitrol'd
Mechanicals are done-all new parts, best quality where possible
Petrol tank removed and cleaned, refitted with filler hose
Gearbox has been fully rebuilt and comes with input shaft for type one style motor.
All bushes, rubber parts replaced on rear suspension. One spline drop and adjustable spring plates. New drums, wheel cylinders, shoes, hoses etc. kyb shocks
Front end has an 85mm narrowed CE weed eater two beam. All new ball joints, steering coupler, drag link, flipped tie rods, 2.5'' dropped spindles (not upside down jobs). New calipers, disks (73 on type). New m/cylinder and servo. All new cables etc, Buttys linkage. Spax adjustable shocks. Set of new Fuchs replicas with new quality tyres 50+65 profile from what I remember.
I've set height at what I think will be as low as comfort would allow without tubbing-but the suspension is set up that it would go a lot lower if you decided to tub...
Full set of new rubbers, including door scrapers etc etc. only rear hatches and slider fitted yet. Glass is out at the minute but windows have a full set of deluxe trim when they go back in.
New rapid-fit wiring loom ready to go in.
Interior is out, two front seats stripped, rear bench is crusty. Door panels could be re-used if mounted on new cards.
No engine currently but there is a 1776cc twin 34 motor being built. I could negotiate a deal with this but the price without motor is £7100 ono located in North East.
Haven't got many good pics but here's link (if it doesn't work just google donkers1973 photo bucket)
Link to thread on here
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70088" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s24.photobucket.com/user/donkers1973/embed/story"></iframe>

Latest posts