72 Danbury too good to be true?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lembo

Reaction score
Found this on ebay im quite interested what do we think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/T2-Bay-Window-Camper-van-1972-Danbury-Tintop-/250644532355?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item3a5b940c83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally I wouldn't bid for it unless you see it in the flesh first, its had the inner sill replaced on the nearside and they haven't replaced the section that comes through into the wheelarch properly, there looks like in dent or some distortion in the offside rear panel. The front bumpers badly fitted and I'm always nervous of black shiny underseal, whats it hiding??

The interior pictures were taken at a different time, why?

Hope that feedback helps?

As I said, I would go and have a look as its potentially a good buy but make sure you take a magnet to check for filler etc and after I sent the notes I read the comments about the paintwork not being brilliant so just go thoroughly through it and ask for photos of the repair work they did and pictures of it before it was painted.

Sounds like I'm a cynic but I've seen too many buses now where after 6 months the filler lines start appearing through new paint, do you know lots about buses?, if not take someone with you that does. If its not right when you see it walk away there are plenty of buses out there at the moment.

Cheers I'm glad you replied,I'm quite new to buses and appreciate your opinion Graham,I'm gona give it a miss the otherhalf hates the colour! Got my eye on that elm green one your selling 8)

Latest posts