72 Sierrayellow Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening everybody
Build up my front headlights with yellow lenses, fresh chromed rings and new reflectors. I love them!
Build up...

And on the bus!

My bus at the hangar rockin in St.Stephan...

What do you think about my new headlights guys? My girlfriend hate those! :lol:

Best regards
Reto

I'm not a fan of them either! reminds me of John Lennon with his round yellow glasses ;)
John-Lennon-Eyeglasses.jpg

Hi guys
Next wednesday we will leave for the meeting in spa. I'm very exciting because it's my first time! ;) Wednesday evening we will visit a private porsche collection in saarbrücken and on thursday morning our road trip will continue. Who will be also there? Hope to see some of you guys! :)
Best regards
Reto

Hi guys!
I'm back after a lot of travelling this summer. Some updates from the bus will follow...
Best regards
Reto

Hi guys

I got my homemade rooflader back from powder coating. :D

mounting parts..

And with the bike carrier...

Not finished yet...

Best regards
Reto

Fernando Palmela said:
I like it but if there is a serious engine problem it will be dangerous.

You're right! There is allready an idea in my head to solve this problem! :)
Best regards
Reto

Hi everybody

I’m back!😉 My pics from photobucket are also back!😃 I did a lot of work in the last few month on my bus. Update will coming soon!

Best regards
Reto

Hi guys!

As I wrote some time ago, I'm not really happy with my suspension. Especially for long trips with a lot of weight in the bus, my tyres are too much scraping in the wheelarches. So I thought a lot about what will be the best solution. For the 2018 saison this will be my choice...

Coilover-Shocks from GAZ

I order them directly in UK. It was a perfect delivery!

Fot the rear suspension I've install monroe-airshocks. I use some braided hoses from null-bar.de.

To raise and lower the back I install a compressor under the back seat. I made a special box out of aluminium for all the electric stuff.

And finally in the bus…

Special made cover for the box...

And also in the bus...

The monroe airshocks with the braided hoses.

Yesterday I did the first test drive. I've to say that the bus now drives much smoother. We will see if it's still fine at the end of the saison!

Some pics from the special made control-panel will follow...

Best regards
Reto

More updates guys! :D

Last year I bought this cool box for a few swiss franks.

After a few month in the corner of my garage, I start with the restauration from the cool box. Now the box fits nice to the bus…

In front of the bus…

Cheers
Reto

And more updates! :lol:

I had also the problem with my bike-carrier. I had no chance to put my engine-hood away if the bike-carrier is on the bus. So this is my solution.

Works just fine! 8)

Latest posts