72 Sierrayellow Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, he's crazy! I've never seen such perfect welded metall like he did!!! And the best thing is, it's much cheaper than a normal restoration-garage! He does it, because he loves it!

Aircooler said:
Yes, he's crazy! I've never seen such perfect welded metall like he did!!! And the best thing is, it's much cheaper than a normal restoration-garage! He does it, because he loves it!

Might bring mine over ;)

Did some rustrepair on the small pop out window on the left side. The under section was gone, so I've made it new!

Before:
PA142262_zps4f117028.jpg

Foto_zps7e052cd0.jpg

Made some metalwork:
Foto1_zps2cb0d460.jpg

And finally welded together!
PB292318_zps282e4320.jpg

PB292320_zpsfaff0014.jpg

Then I painted the whole cargo floor with a 2K primer.
PB292322_zpsc64bb467.jpg

PB292324_zpsb0f37e62.jpg

Hope I can make a lot of work at christmas holiday! The plan is to install all the interieur-stuff back in the bus. So I've more place in my garage to work on the bay! :)

Got the rubber for the overriders from Alistair! Fit just perfect! Thank's alot Alistair!
Now the bumpers are ready to mount on the bus.

PC092308_zpsbb7363fd.jpg

PC092312_zps6a014edd.jpg

PC092314_zps08e14a9e.jpg

Today I painted the cargofloor with some layers of sierrayellow. Will post some pics next weekend!

Now I need your help guys. Next step will be to put all the westy interior back in the bus. But there are some parts like the handles, they aren't in good shape. Did anybody know where I can get the handels, rubber for the furnitures and other stuff?
Also the vynil upholstery is in bad condition! Where I can get this vynil? Thanks for your support!

Thanks for your comments! :)

In christmas holiday I will get some fuchs rims for the bus! :D I'm really excited! :)
Now I've some troubles to find some tyres which have the correct load index. If I'm right then I need load index 96 on the back and load index 87 on the front. Which tyres do you fit on your bus? For the back 205/65/R15 will be an option. But is there enough space for the tyres? Front I'm not sure! :?
Perhabs 185/65/R15?
Thanks for your help!
Regards
Reto

Aircooler said:
Got the rubber for the overriders from Alistair! Fit just perfect! Thank's alot Alistair!
Now the bumpers are ready to mount on the bus.
<SNIP>
Today I painted the cargofloor with some layers of sierrayellow. Will post some pics next weekend!

Now I need your help guys. Next step will be to put all the westy interior back in the bus. But there are some parts like the handles, they aren't in good shape. Did anybody know where I can get the handels, rubber for the furnitures and other stuff?
Also the vynil upholstery is in bad condition! Where I can get this vynil? Thanks for your support!

No worries! Bumpers look a treat! :D Look forward to more pictures.

These guys do the handles:

http://www.germancampercompany.com/parts-for-westfalia-c-24.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think they are available fron most places, how about some Dutch/German guys? BusOK, Kieft and Klok etc?

Edging trim is a little more tricky to find, you can find "T trim" on ebay, you may need to paint to your required colour with plasticote or similar, the trim around the doors i am not sure if this is available, you sometimes see it for sale though, I bought some off this forum, maybe a complete door with good trim, I bought those off here too.

The mustard material is available as repro from a few places, though Dirty Harry on here said this:

got my vinyl from these guys in Germany http://www.doepper-profile.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, not sure if they still have it but they will send you a free sample.
I was searching high and low for a good mustard replacement but found they were either too bright or way too dark and this is somewhere in the middle and to be honnest i like it even more then the OG vinyl!
Not sure if this was the one http://www.doepper-profile.de/artikelde" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... Kunstleder

Cheers, Harry

Dolly Daydream sells it in the UK

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=24846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And it is available on thesamba.com (was anyway) I'm on gthe work PC so can't get to my bookmarks.

As always, it comes up for sale on here every so often. I have a stash of mustard vinyl, some edging and a door, but need to replace mine, and what's left i'll sell on again. Keep ypur eyes peeled and you find some for sale.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks for your help! :)

Now the floor is painted in sierra yellow. Not perfect, but okay!

PC242306_zps27b63836.jpg

Then I put two layers of 5mm isolation mats on the floor.

PC282312_zps242da6ce.jpg

And after the isolation mats a thin wood plate with a pvc-mat on the top. I like it! :D

PC302324_zps0388aca7.jpg

Also the two rear Windows are back in! On the left side I've some troubles with the new seals. I can't close the small pop out window! :? Don't know if the seals are to big? Do you have some good tips for me?

Left side:

PC242307_zps07065126.jpg

Right side:
PC242304_zpsa30db9c7.jpg

The new curtain looks really cool! :)

The mesh from the front grill isn't in a good shape. So I need a new one. But I found only the mesh for late baywindow buses! Someone know where I can get one for my bay?
See you
Reto

The old one! :? :?
PC302339_zpsaab64e22.jpg

PC302338_zpse256809a.jpg

Aircooler said:

PC242306_zps27b63836.jpg

PC282312_zps242da6ce.jpg

And after the isolation mats a thin wood plate with a pvc-mat on the top. I like it! :D

PC302324_zps0388aca7.jpg

Also the two rear Windows are back in! On the left side I've some troubles with the new seals. I can't close the small pop out window! :? Don't know if the seals are to big? Do you have some good tips for me?

Left side:

PC242307_zps07065126.jpg

Right side:
PC242304_zpsa30db9c7.jpg

nice curtains, may I ask where you got them?

Lordain Volley said:
Aircooler said:

PC242306_zps27b63836.jpg

PC282312_zps242da6ce.jpg

PC302324_zps0388aca7.jpg

Left side:

PC242307_zps07065126.jpg

Right side:
PC242304_zpsa30db9c7.jpg

Yes, I bought the textile for the curtains in Ikea! :D :D http://www.ikea.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then my girlfriend made the curtains at home! This textile was really cheap, think around 4 GBP per meter.
If you need a better picture from the curtains let me know!? ;)
Regards
Reto

Lee C said:
Well you've made a better job of the windows than I did :lol:

I think you made a good job! :)
With the small pop out window on the left side if some troubles. :?
It doesn't close completely because of the new seals!
Do you have some good ideas, how it will close completely?
Regards
Reto

Aircooler said:
Lee C said:
Well you've made a better job of the windows than I did :lol:

I think you made a good job! :)
With the small pop out window on the left side if some troubles. :?
It doesn't close completely because of the new seals!
Do you have some good ideas, how it will close completely?
Regards
Reto

I just did my 1/4 window as well, and it is also really hard to close the window although it closes. I don't think there is much to then have someone force the window in from the outside and then close it and leave it for a while. I guess it would fit someday.

Before you do it grease the frame good.

/Henrik

Aircooler said:
Lordain Volley said:
Aircooler said:

PC242306_zps27b63836.jpg

PC282312_zps242da6ce.jpg

PC302324_zps0388aca7.jpg

Left side:

PC242307_zps07065126.jpg

Right side:
PC242304_zpsa30db9c7.jpg

Yes, I bought the textile for the curtains in Ikea! :D :D http://www.ikea.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then my girlfriend made the curtains at home! This textile was really cheap, think around 4 GBP per meter.
If you need a better picture from the curtains let me know!? ;)
Regards
Reto

Thank you sir.
I have a 71 sierra yellow and these curtains are a good match. Your bus is looking dandy - good effort. Could you send a direct link please as I cant find this specific material under textiles!

LV

Thank you sir.
I have a 71 sierra yellow and these curtains are a good match. Your bus is looking dandy - good effort. Could you send a direct link please as I cant find this specific material under textiles!

Hi!
I've no good message for you! I've searched the material in the onlinestore from Ikea but could not find it. After this, I made a call to Ikea. They said to me that this material is no more available! :( Sorry!
Best Regards
Reto

Latest posts