72 westy tin top, slammed NOW WITH COOKIE CUTTERS !!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi chris the wheels really look great.You spoke to me at stanford hall about teledials.I think these have the edge on them,glad to see you made your mind up.
Stuart

class
nicon_drool.gif

i have the same waiting to be polished and i wasnt sure of tyre choice so 185s all round would be the best bet, looks damn nice on your bus.

I got a set of 18mm adapters from Kinky Mick for a decent price, what width were the M7 ones?

Loving your van with the new cookies, been thinking about some for my 72 for a while now (got a set of wolfraceslotmags in the garage but thinking polished cookies are the biz), think it was kombiporsches panel van with cookies on that made it for me 8)
Are you using 6s all round or have you got 7s on the rear?
Also what thickness adaptors have you used?
Did you polish yourself or send them away?
Cheers
Matt.

thanks for all the encouragement guys. guess all the messing about trying to get them to fit was worth it.
Hi Stuart, yes i remember drooling over the teledials on your bus, almost decided to sell the cookies and buy teledials instead when i couldnt get them to fit .
Johnny- the adaptors from M7 are 25mm, thats why i had to go for 185's. the plan was for 195/65 rear and 195/50 on the front. with 18mm you may get 195's on, but be carefull as the nuts/studs may stick out further than the front face of the adaptors and foul the inside of the wheels. teledials have recesses that take the studs/nuts, cookies don't. thats why i ended up with 25mm adaptors. i'll send you pm with more info....

Matt- yeah they are 6" allround, would have struggled to get 7's under the arches. Creative do 5x130 hub/drum conversions that would mean no adaptors needed but work out at about £300 per pair ! had em polished by a local company in Oldbury/Smethwick area. Rainbow polishing. did a great job. tried doing them by hand with autosol but didnt come out very good. well worth paying £100.

had to raise the front end a tad as the steering was all over the place, think too much pressure/angle on the ball joints. feels a lot better now, and doesnt scrape the top off speed bumps !! but will prob get dropped spindles in the near future as think it looks much better "on the floor"

Cheers for the info Chris, couple more qs if you dont mind.
Whats the offset on your cookies then?
Haveacamper has trial fitted 8.5 rear turbo twist rims on his think the ET was 55 on those (pics on his thread in the gallery), so surprised that 7s dont fit.
Although they were a pretty tight fit :shock:

not sue on offset, but guess similar to origional , think they must be about ET45, as they stick out about 25 mm further than standard rims, and the adaptors are 25 mm. sorry couldnt be more precise. if 7's have higher ET they may fit
chris

you got a bargain with the polishing... i was quoted £70 a wheel! :shock: i bought the heavy duty polishing kit from frost and its a job i keep putting off. im really not looking forward to it :( .

can i ask what length studs you've used and where did you buy em?

Hey chris, good to meet you this weekend, lovin the bus, paint, wheels, interior, curtains all spot on congrats.

looked really cool as we all left the display field... 4 eb tin tops cruising down the road 8)

22062008193.jpg

22062008199.jpg

22062008200.jpg

hey Ant, thanks, was great to meet you and your girlfriend too. your bus looked the nuts, everything looked just right, the roof rack finished it off a treat. realy enjoyed the weekend. pulling off the site in convoy was cool, but i soon got stuck behind a couple of cars. bloody windy aswell. got on M6 then got off again at next junction, didnt feel safe getting blown all over the place !!

johnny, think the studs were 25mm tapered. got em from machine 7 and the lock nuts. bought the shortest ones i could get away with

Latest posts