A bit of bling....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loxy said:
Nice & a 72 like mine ;)
I'm sure I asked you this question before but what thickness adapters are you running & what size wheels??

Also my caps dont have the holes in like yours do are they a different type? will post pics of mine up tomorrow.

Ignore my questions, I found your thread where I asked you last time :lol:

if you go for the creative porsche drilled rear drums, you can then fit the deeper dished 7j cookies on the rear for a stagger look. looks great :D 6j cookies are a lot older then 20 years. more like 35 - 40 years as they started on 1969 911's as a set of four then in staggered sets on ealrty 70's 911's then changing to 7's all round on 944's. god i'm a nerd :oops: i'll get my coat :( . cookies look great polished. i paid 60 quid a wheel to have my 17's polished but that included dipping then powder coating the backs too. i might have to pop across to wales with a few of the hoard and get a bulk deal with your guy he is cheap as :D

andewilson said:
if you go for the creative porsche drilled rear drums, you can then fit the deeper dished 7j cookies on the rear for a stagger look. looks great :D 6j cookies are a lot older then 20 years. more like 35 - 40 years as they started on 1969 911's as a set of four then in staggered sets on ealrty 70's 911's then changing to 7's all round on 944's. god i'm a nerd :oops: i'll get my coat :( . cookies look great polished. i paid 60 quid a wheel to have my 17's polished but that included dipping then powder coating the backs too. i might have to pop across to wales with a few of the hoard and get a bulk deal with your guy he is cheap as :D

Interesting stuff, I cant be bothered with the creative rear drums because they A. They arent in stock B. It was ahrd work trying to get any useful information about what else I would need to replace inorder to fit on a 72. So will be getting adaptors.

Apparently the polishing guy also has a good contact for chroming - he showed me a couple of bits he'd had done & they looked pretty good, the price seemed pretty keen as well ;)

Latest posts