A few good people, Now with Pic's!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky boy

Reaction score
I send a few pic's and still keep in contact with the old owner in California. Well it all started in earlier this year. I started having a few problems with my van(oil leaks and other little bits breaking). He asked me if he could be of any help 8) I asked him if he could send some bits over. The next email I get is he has a spare rebuilt 1776 engine and gearbox, $500 the pair :shock: Well a few days ago we opened up the crates, this is what we found!!

A fresh 1776 motor, with tin wear and dizzy,
Used freeway flyer gear box.
new heat exchangers,
New Gene Burg rockers,
New fuel pump,
New voltage regulator,
New forth gear,
New front seat covers,
New engine service kits,
New aerial,
New clutch plate,
New points,
New front window rubber.
New dizzy cap,
New oil filter,
And even more!!!

in my best polly accent" whose a lucky boy then?" :lol: in all fairness though that doesn`t happen everyday and if it ever happens to yourself then take the geature as it was intended with grace...sweet

slammedresto said:
well done, get that badboy in :mrgreen:

It already has a 1776 and freeway flyer fitted. It turns out that he used to keep a spare engine and box. When they had done 70k he used to fit the other engine and box. The other units were then fully reconditoned. These are the sort of places he used to take the van.

Scan0012_00121.jpg

Scan0010_00101.jpg

Scan0007_00071.jpg

so he uset to swap the engine at 70k, then re build it!! how cool is that, i bet he must have really looked after your van.

WOW! I wish I could go to that extreme to ensure my bus stayed on the road.

Cool story, and one with a very happy ending.

Maybe you should send him a nice gift in return?

You could buy him something on-line in the US & get it shipped direct to his house. That would be a nice gesture & needn't be expensive. He too would see there are even more good people in the world ;)

pete nice said:
Maybe you should send him a nice gift in return?

You could buy him something on-line in the US & get it shipped direct to his house. That would be a nice gesture & needn't be expensive. He too would see there are even more good people in the world ;)

That was what I was thinking of doing. :wink: I was not sure what to get him? He is a engineer and into his diving. He is in his mid sixties, all ideas welcome. :D

Latest posts