• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

A few more items for sale..... All early bay/1968 CHEAP!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To help you ID the engine lid lock:
211 827 503 D = up to end of July '71.
211 827 503 L = from August '71.
Note the lock cylinder changed from L profile to R from August '70 on the 503 D, so you might want to see which you have (if applicable).
If you tell me the part number of the non locking one, I'll ID it for you.

Hi Lee,

Any news on the lhs door mirror please? Paid 4 weeks ago, has it been shipped yet, do you have a tracking number? I sent you a message on Facebook too.

Cheers,

Alistair

MOD EDIT -

monkiboy has been asked to ensure delivery or make refunds on all outstanding deals by the end of September. Till then he may not openly trade on Early Bay.

Hope you get sorted out

I had just come on here to post a rant in a similar fashion to the other members who have paid and not received items, as @monkiboy is not (able?)* responding to my pm's.

I'm still waiting on a glovebox knob paid for at the beginning of August.

I want this resolved, and as others have said its theft.

MOD EDIT -

* monkiboy has full access to the site, no bans in place at all.

I also am waiting, he is on facebook regularly but doesn't always reply to messages.
Beginning to think we won't see our goods chaps.

Guys and Gals, I think the best advice at present is to open a complaint via PayPal (if this was your payment method) and try get your money back that way.
I have message Lee on facebook and despite him logging on and posting a number of times every day, he has continued to ignore my messages.
He clearly is not going to address the issue.
Based on some info I received the other day he is a bit hard up at present so can't imagine any of us will see our money again.
A real shame to unearth yet another selfish, untrustworthy person on the forum.

Guys and Gals, I think the best advice at present is to open a complaint via PayPal (if this was your payment method) and try get your money back that way.
I have message Lee on facebook and despite him logging on and posting a number of times every day, he has continued to ignore my messages.
Based on some info I received the other day he is a bit hard up at present so can't imagine any of us will see our money again.

*Sam* said:

Paypal claims should be made citing non delivery, asap, before the time limit cuts in. Sad to be writing this. :(

If parts subsequently arrive please do the right thing and re-send the money though.

It would seem according to lee's FaceBook page, tomorrow he is attending the classic carboot sale in kettering Northamptonshire !
Should anyone wish to catch up with him.
I am in kettering tomorrow so may try and get up there time permitting.

A sad end to what seemed to be a treasure trove of parts.

It's a pity that the actions of a small fraction of one per cent of the Forum members tend, at times, to overshadow the goodwill and generosity of the other ninety nine point nine percent.

No Lee don't talk rubbish, below is the screen shot from my facebook messages, clear for all to see you have not been replying to my messages since the 8th sep 14.
If you really want I will screen shot your last 24hr of posts to prove you have been on facebook and would have seen I had sent you the messages !! But I think I have proven my point.

And yes there is more you can do, you can refund us or provide a tracking number so we can all see where our parcels are.

Hold in there lads......To my surprise I've received a glovebox knob this morning!

Today I received my window cranks so thank you.
What I don't understand is why the postage stamp is dated the 26/sep/14 and is English. Perhaps this explains the delay.

I'm not bothered when and where from the stuff gets posted as long as it turns up.

Lee, I'm still missing the 2 chrome door escutcheons I paid for.

Any chance mine will turn up soon ;)

*Sam* said:
Today I received my window cranks so thank you.
What I don't understand is why the postage stamp is dated the 26/sep/14 and is English. Perhaps this explains the delay.

Hi Monkiboy,

This is gonna be the start of a rant, and those who know me know i don't........oh, and please correct me if i am wrong, and i'll apologize....now! look what turned up yesterday, well thank you very much!:

Same as above, posted on the 26th in the UK from WD17, a few mins from your home in Bushey?

Would this have anything to do with the fact you were in the UK that weekend for a car boot in Kettering according to your facebook? And they weren't sent from Norway, were you waiting till you were in the UK to post as it was cheaper, if so, when not just tell people that's how they were gonna be sent - a month and a half later! Funny how everyone's items have started to turn up a few days after the 26th via 2nd class post.... :roll:

Any why after i sent you a message to your sales thread on Facebook i didn't get a reply for 6 days - the 27th, after you had posted them, Hmmm I am guessin it will arrive next week sometime as a few parcels have started to turn up now - Sorry for the delay dude Ps I still want the trailer..... and nor did i get a reply when i raised a paypal dispute against you on the 26th, still nothing 5 days later (i have since closed the dispute as the part has arrived)

I'm sorry, it's not acceptable, it's not difficult to communicate, you've viewed the forum, posted on facebook etc, AFTER i had been trying to contact you, so you have been able to receive messages, view websites etc - and seemingly lied about the postage?

I really hope you sort it out next time you are selling stuff, i will think twice about ever buying from you again Lee. I had given you the benefit of the doubt when trying to buy hubcaps some months back, it eventually took nearly 2 months to get them to me, after first inquiring, messages sent, waiting for pictures, you said

monkiboy wrote:
No honestly dude... I am old skool, I'm not down with all this I-Phone shit hehehehe I can just about work out the interweb,
and No sorry I don't have a camera....

Funny how you've been doing quite well posting stuff up on Facebook without a camera since 2007.........

Thought it was just a one off, and i had to do the chasing then to try and get it sorted as well, Though I give you your dues, you posted 3 days after i paid, it took 12 days to arrive from Norway, thought i would give you a second go.

And as for you wanting to buy my Westfalia trailer - I have been waiting over 3 months for you: The problem is "Cash-Flow" I have loads of parts but I need to sell some to buy the trailer.... well my friend, you can whistle for that, i don't care if it never sells, to be honest, I can do without the hassle.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in any of the above, and in the meanwhile I do wish you all the best of luck.

P.S what pisses me off the most? That use you have of CAPITALIZING random words in your posts... :lol: ;)

Alistair

hmmmmmmmmmmmm man i have patience and generally easy going but....

still not received my parts that were paid in May and if i see the same kind of sticker (date and UK), you are the biggest bullsh*t selling tw*t ive come accros.

Really hope its not true :?

Latest posts