about to buy a bay!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trikky2 said:
Those front seats look interesting too. :)

Recovered rover 200 is my guess from the head rests! Truck mirrors, nice side spotlight - looks like its been loved by someone! - more pics please :)

5c28fdf1-6b18-f6a9.jpg
a rose between two thorns!!

Hand made interior done by previous owner, nice layout and just what we wanted, a few bits need finishing off but in no rush, seats are comfy too!, been out in it all day (as you do), so much easier to drive than a standard bay, will post more pics when ive got more time

and here is when i get boring!>>> go to shop 2morrow, purchase a battery quick release terminal, go home and fit it , do not !!! delay this one cheepo job ! me, like yourself bought my bus ,loved her ,drove her endlessly and funnily enough i fitted a quick release terminal, so, when the front started filling up with smoke , it was handbrake, >>me 2 rear of bus pronto , hatch up (also ,ensure not to lock your hatch when driving)and detatched the neg. which kept the melting loom to one section rather than a complete burn out .yup, i bought a 35 year old bus and never checked the wiring ! well done me ,eh !!! nice bus mate .well done you !

Not too sure on the seats, rover 200 been mentioned, quite comfy but for 1 spring digging in, and a loss of horsehair!!, might get them refilled next year, nice drive and can't complain, not done too much on it, got the interior to do next couple of months ready for the summer, liked it because it was a bit different, not seen any converted panels with splitty rear windows plus the wife and child liked it (had my eye on a couple of tin tops which they didnt like as much), its never going to be a show winner but as long as i can get in it, starts and gets me where i want to go that will do us nicely

Tiz a bit wierd jonny and was not sure at first, could of got a bus that looked like 90% the same as every other bus on the road, but decided to be different!, looked at a stock high top but didn't feel the luv, now seen a few slammed!!, (too late now!!), anyway luv your ride

Latest posts