Accelerator cable

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

Reaction score
I don't see how there can be, but, is it possible that there could be 2 different lengths of cable available for a bay 08/67-07/69?

I just bought one and it's 7.5" shorter than the one I took out!!!!!!

Obviously, it's not long enough to fit so I'm taking it back tomorrow...

Shorty said:
I don't see how there can be, but, is it possible that there could be 2 different lengths of cable available for a bay 08/67-07/69?

LHD and RHD are differing lengths ;)

Alex VW Heritage said:
Shorty said:

LHD and RHD are differing lengths ;)

You're shitting me?!! Really? 7.5" difference? Surely if there was a longer one, then it would be the RHD? (Mine's LHD)

Hello

i buyed universal cable from coolair

is 15ft long and was £8.50

part was AC7214863

i have lhd bus as well

it is good quality and i cut to size

karl

What happens at the end of the 'universal cable'? Do you just do up the pinch bolt against the cable?

I'm using the cable that came with my bus, original vdub one, but its a tad too short, cant get the engine to drop completely to idle as the cable holds it just off! Bloody annoying. I've got a bug engine in my bus, did vdub do something daft with the T2 inlet manifold that moved the carb back a bit, or different arm on the carb?
Sorry to hijack.

Hello

yes can do the pinch bolt up to the cable

better is the universal cable come with a extension bit that fits onto the end of the cable
and this goes in to the pinch bolt on the carb
this stop the cable form fraying

i have lots of problems before i got the cable from coolair
it was like you bus would no idle as cable to short

now is sorted to be better
i would buy again is much easy to cut to rite size
than try fitting one of not long enough

karl

That's good to know Karl..!! Cheers :D

My cable is 4" short and have extended it with a solid wire piece. I'm going to take it out in the winter and replace so may get the coolair one. Some companies put the lenght details on the info so will measure once out see if one matchs with any or then go to Coolair. :D

Yeah I can vouch for the universal cables too, I run them in my van.

They are stronger than stock too:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Universal-throttle-cable-kit-fit-all-aircooled-models-15ft-AC7214863_act_shop.product_pID_62482_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex VW Heritage said:
Yeah I can vouch for the universal cables too, I run them in my van.

They are stronger than stock too:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Universal-throttle-cable-kit-fit-all-aircooled-models-15ft-AC7214863_act_shop.product_pID_62482_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cool, thanks Alex, I'm taking back the one I bought with some constructive criticism later today, will probably end up buying one over the internet and paying the postage I was trying to avoid for a single item!

Latest posts