Accelerator linkage upgrade - as featured in recent C& B mag

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlybayinthevillage

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
1972 XO
I have seen one from Butty's Bits in the C&B mag that looks good but it is LHD only.
Anyone know where i can get a RHD version?

there is a thread on here about them,

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47197&start=200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been speaking to Simon for the past few months, there are a few rhd kits been manufactured and fitted, but he has not had any feedback on them. So he is holding back on production, although he will be attending EBI so I'll chat to him about it then.

Sent from my iPhone
Damage v-dub club

Begining to wish rhd earlies diddnt exist to be honest , been a nightmare . As i have stated before so far it seems like no 2 buses are the same , just through repairs to original kits and floor replacements etc . Also going on the many photos i have been sent there seems to be 2 different floor setups .... Real headache .....
Think the only way to do it is to make the mount that fits on the floor aswell but dosent help the people with completley stock buses , i want the kits to just bolt on as the lhd kit does but it just isnt happening ...

Now also getting into lhd late bay kits aswell :roll:

Glad to see you have finally fitted it Alex ..

butty said:
Begining to wish rhd earlies diddnt exist to be honest , been a nightmare . As i have stated before so far it seems like no 2 buses are the same , just through repairs to original kits and floor replacements etc . Also going on the many photos i have been sent there seems to be 2 different floor setups .... Real headache .....
Think the only way to do it is to make the mount that fits on the floor aswell but dosent help the people with completley stock buses , i want the kits to just bolt on as the lhd kit does but it just isnt happening ...

Now also getting into lhd late bay kits aswell :roll:

I read the article in the magazine as well and thought this was a great idea and well made, so I went on line to order one for my bus, but with what you have said above I think it may need some tinkering with. It's a December 72 RHD westy, but its a 73 late bay spec, just wondered if it was worth the risk of getting the RHD early version and tinkering with it or is it really so different Simon?

Just purchased RHD throttle kit from Simon, I took some photos of the original linkage and Simon then made up a kit for me, I had to make a small adjustment when it arrived, but no real problem.
I was not really sure what difference the kit would make, but now its fitted it makes for a much better and smoother,responsive throttle control.
As previous comments, Simon is a nice guy to deal with.

very Pleased :D

Andy

Ok i dont need a full on email overload , i now have many many many photos of rhd early bay setups and have pretty much given up on making 1 kit fits all , so im offering a rhd kit if you send me photos of your kit as it is now , needs to be a shot from underneath the pivot and hole in the floor , then im able to gauge what may or may not need doing to the stock kit i have here , hope that makes sense , and be patient as each kit is built by me ......
Kits are £65 delivered and thats with the genuine floor rubber .
As i say patience is required , and its only being offered on here at the mo .....
Do me a favour aswell bung up a few photos if you like the rhd kits .
Kit is the rod from pedal down to the new swivel section , then a long rod with 2 rose joints this rod has extra thread on each end so allows for making shorter or longer , so there are a few bits you will need to do to this reference setting up , its a common sense kind of thing , and if your not 100% happy with it just bag it up and bung it back for a refund minus postage , success rate so far is very good ....
So if you want one starting taking decent photos for me , when photos come through i will get on it so could be a few days till posted out , better your photos are the better chance kit will go straight on .....
SO FROM BELOW LOOKING UP (photos wise)
Also if anyone can bung me a return spring i will get a load ordered up , or i need the outside diameter of spring and wire thickness also the overall length would be good , as i know many of the original springs have broken over the years ....
Alot to take in but there it is guys and girls .....

RHD has more moving parts and rods same as the rhd split one thats £75 and postage is £8.50 its not a rhd tax honest its just more complicated .... And as dubdubz says rhd early kits are made for each bus so a bit more labour intensive for me , would rather just build 50 kits all the same than one per van setup .

butty said:
RHD has more moving parts and rods same as the rhd split one thats £75 and postage is £8.50 its not a rhd tax honest its just more complicated .... And as dubdubz says rhd early kits are made for each bus so a bit more labour intensive for me , would rather just build 50 kits all the same than one per van setup .

That makes sense. Hadn't seen the LHD kits so couldn't compare. Thought I'd ask the question in case others are thinking the same.

You've got some trick kit on your site, no doubt I'll be in touch as my project moves on.

Just fitted the basic RHD throttle pedal pushrod upgrade (pushrod and two ball joints for £14...yep, 14 quid :D).

http://www.buttysbits.com/throttle-kits.html

It took just a few minutes, and the difference in the feel of the accelerator pedal is incredible, very smooth.

Top quality and how the heck Butty does it for that price, I don't know.

Kev

Delilahtoo said:
Just fitted the basic RHD throttle pedal pushrod upgrade (pushrod and two ball joints for £14...yep, 14 quid :D).

http://www.buttysbits.com/throttle-kits.html

It took just a few minutes, and the difference in the feel of the accelerator pedal is incredible, very smooth.

Top quality and how the heck Butty does it for that price, I don't know.

Kev

The rod takes all the slack out of pedal to main swivel section its a quick cheap fix , but most rhd buses do need the complete kit ideally to remove the rest of the slop .

Latest posts