Accelerator linkage upgrade - as featured in recent C& B mag

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supertramp said:
Wanted to order one of these for ages. Finally got round to it today. Can't wait to fit it.
Missed last post today so will be on its way tomorrow morning , cheers Simon .

Got mine in post last week, full LHD kit. Looks fantastic, going to fit it at the weekend ready for MOT time next week!

:)

butty said:
Delilahtoo said:
Just fitted the basic RHD throttle pedal pushrod upgrade (pushrod and two ball joints for £14...yep, 14 quid :D).

http://www.buttysbits.com/throttle-kits.html

It took just a few minutes, and the difference in the feel of the accelerator pedal is incredible, very smooth.

Top quality and how the heck Butty does it for that price, I don't know.

Kev

The rod takes all the slack out of pedal to main swivel section its a quick cheap fix , but most rhd buses do need the complete kit ideally to remove the rest of the slop .

Simon, I'd happily fit the full RHD kit however I could not see it on the web site so bought what I could. I understood the RHD kits to be all unique so not being attempted...may have got that bit wrong though. :D

If you want a rhd kit i can build one but i need a photo of the underside of your floor section , directly under the hole in the floor under the pedal . They are £65 delivered if i can make you one that is ...

Thanks Simon, that is grand.

I am on my travels in the bus just now, so I'll post some pics over to you on my return around the 22nd.

Cheers.

Kev

butty said:
Supertramp said:
Wanted to order one of these for ages. Finally got round to it today. Can't wait to fit it.
Missed last post today so will be on its way tomorrow morning , cheers Simon .

Received today. Very quick delivery and looks quality. Going to fit tomorrow.

Just note , DO NOT TIGHTEN THE CABLE END , IT NEEDS TO ROTATE/SWIVEL ON THE BOLT ..... The nut and washers are there to just stop cable coming off the bolt ...

Hi Butty,

This is the exact same image as my set up was, I can't take a photo as its completly stripped down, also there is no hole below the pedal as it connects to the rod which goes across the floor to the middle of the bus and then goes through the floor.

Do you have a complete kit for this set up, if could I get one?

Yorkieman

Delilahtoo said:

I am on my travels in the bus just now, so I'll post some pics over to you on my return around the 22nd.

Cheers.

Kev

Update: Thanks Simon, I don't know how you interpreted those god-damn awful pics that I sent to you, but the fitting that I received by return is top notch in terms of quality. It was scary how easily the existing linkage dropped off the bus once one spring clip was removed, and although I had to fettle the new fitting a tad to make it fit, it didn't take long to install. Works a treat, there is no play at all in the pedal and a quick blast down the M6 confirms that the cable setting is good to go. I am well chuffed, as we say in these parts. :D

Kev

Yorkieman said:

Hi Butty,

This is the exact same image as my set up was, I can't take a photo as its completly stripped down, also there is no hole below the pedal as it connects to the rod which goes across the floor to the middle of the bus and then goes through the floor.

Yorkieman

The only part i do for that setup is 14b will also be looking into return springs but thats about it ..

Delilahtoo said:
Delilahtoo said:

Cheers.

Kev

Update: Thanks Simon, I don't know how you interpreted those god-damn awful pics that I sent to you, but the fitting that I received by return is top notch in terms of quality. It was scary how easily the existing linkage dropped off the bus once one spring clip was removed, and although I had to fettle the new fitting a tad to make it fit, it didn't take long to install. Works a treat, there is no play at all in the pedal and a quick blast down the M6 confirms that the cable setting is good to go. I am well chuffed, as we say in these parts. :D

Kev

Great news , would be interested in seeing / knowing what needed fettling and a few pics again if you can . Cheers for posting .

butty said:
Yorkieman said:

Hi Butty,

Yorkieman

The only part i do for that setup is 14b will also be looking into return springs but thats about it ..

Thanks Butty, just ordered one from your site, cheers yorkieman

Youve ordered one for an earlybay . I dont list later ones yet . But I do have some made up . Will post out for you to try out . Cheers Simon.

Thanks Simon, as you can guess I don't really know what I'm doing, I have so much missing from my bay I'm just building up kits to fit as I go through the stuff I actually do have.

Cliff

It may work your the first to get one , its a simple bit of kit . I bought the original rod so i could get sizes etc , the one i sent is adjustable so you can lengthen the travel and height of the pedal .. Let me know how you get on .

Latest posts