Accessing clutch cover spring plate wear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tricksum

Reaction score
My clutch has started to slip on my 69 SP.It has been fully adjusted out.It could well be the original part in there since manufacture.
Once I have removed the engine and discovered the cause I only want to replace the parts that need replacing and not necessarily a whole clutch assembly.Not because of cost but I for once would like to be EF.Though it may come to that.
How is the clutch cover spring plate tested for serviceability.The release bearing and friction plate wear should be obvious.
I of course will replace the three seals as a mater of caution and inspect the clutch lever operating assembly.
Finally who manufactures the best replacement clutch parts.
Thanks

Just buy a complete kit and replace the whole lot...

Cool Air, Machine 7 or Just Kampers will stock all the bits you need.

Tricksum said:
All due respect you have not answered any of my question.

Yes I did but if you want to be that particular about it LUK or Sachs are the best kits, all the places I listed will give you the options of top and lesser quality.

There is no point testing the pressure plate from a stock engine, if it’s been slipping then it will all need replacing. The pressure plate is either weak causing it too slip resulting in a burnt out friction plate or you’ve got an oil leak which will have contaminated the whole lot. If you had a performance motor and an expensive aftermarket clutch set then yes it would possibly be worth it.

Latest posts