accuspark 009 conundrum?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananacustard

Reaction score
Just bought an accuspark unit for my 009 dissy and have encountered 2 problems fitting it. The first I sorted i.e. where the leads exit there's a round hole and the rubber bung in the accuspark unit is square. Luckily the rubber is very soft and I managed to squeeze it in anyway.

The second problem is they supply a black plastic collar (trigger ring) which is supposed to slide down over the distributor shaft. Pushing this down as far as it will go leaves no room for the rotor arm to sit fully in place.

What should I do? What have other folks done?

cheers, Jeremy

Hi Jeremy
When I fitted my pertronix on the old dizzy it was really hard to get the black collar down the dizzy shaft, just had to apply a lot of even pressure, it was quite hard.
I also ended up removing the rubber grommet to get the wire through the body of the dizzy, I have heard of some people removing the dizzy and drilling the hole a bit bigger. So I would worry too much about that.
Good luck, don't envy you, its freezing outside!

I had the same issue with mine, locate the ring onto the dizzy shaft and you can feel when its in the right place, get hold of the rotor arm and slide it on top then push down hard and it will push the collar into place, Its easy with the Dizzy out, takes no time at all.

Just make sure the rotor arm is in the right place as it has a ridge in it that matches the groove on the shaft ..... I dont imagine its very easy with your head in the engine bay like :mrgreen:

Cheers Eric

Latest posts