Action 2009 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedresto

Reaction score
I only took a few on my phone, a bit white westy biased :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was good to meet some some peeps and put faces to forum names

Great to meet the Windsurfer and Family, the Marcher Gang, Big Rich, Marty, Rob and everyone else i chatted to

I had a great show, first time out without nipper, so i decided to have a go on the RWYB in my westy camper, my first time ever on a drag strip, thanks to the pit crews etc for all their help etc,

i did 6 runs, best time 20.3 in a fully loaded westy, full fridge, tool kits, bedding etc, so def some better times ahead if i take all the crap out

My Brads toolkit then sold for £60, so made my day, worth all the effort

IMAG0128.jpg

Earlybay then won best display,

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

All in all one, if not the best show ive been to, it just goes to show if you put in the effort you get the rewards

So............Huge thanks to all involved in putting on a great show

Hey Gary, great show, cool pics.
Was cool to meet you, be good to meet your family next time :mrgreen:

windsurfer said:

i double checked my bus b4 i left, just in case your 2 decided to come home with me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done and congratulations to everyone, and well deserved reward 8) 8) 8)

Looks like a great display Gary - Nice one ;)

slammedresto said:
windsurfer said:

i double checked my bus b4 i left, just in case your 2 decided to come home with me :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: We're not that lucky, you're a bit far to be our babysitter too :mrgreen:

had a great show and met with a few of you guys there. it would appear that pearl white is a popular colour, in fact i was going to spray my bus the same colour as i think it was that originally (till someone sprayed it bright green).
thinkin the vw world probably doesnt need another pearl white westy (when i finally get round to stitching a roof on) so i'll throw it out there. what is a great colour for a bus? one full colour or white above the gutter?

Good result to EB and all involved - one day I will be a part of the scene (once the bus gets on the road :( ) :mrgreen:

some of my Action pics.
DSCF2126.jpg

DSCF2130.jpg

DSCF2127.jpg

DSCF2134.jpg

DSCF2138.jpg

Some of the crew picking up the award for best club display,well done Gary (slammedresto).
DSCF2137.jpg

Some early bay friends from Holland.
DSCF2139.jpg

DSCF2140.jpg

DSCF2143.jpg

DSCF2142.jpg

DSCF2141.jpg

was gutted i never put my van in the lineup now i was in a bad way and went home early

I think this was a great show,it was good to meet some earlybayers :D The show itself was excellent and well run I thought with loads to do.I didn't get to go to any of the evening entertainment as I had my eldest daughter with me.The earlybay display was excellent too.As you can see my light blue Dormy wants to be a bit lower.

I think this was everyone in the lineup
IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

Just next to the earlybay display where maddog and alex with there USB display.

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

This is podzilla sqashing the chop shop gangster car
IMG_1335.jpg

And Gary with the trophy.I didn't see the award ceromony myself as I was arranging AA recovery for my Dormy as it was stuck in 1st gear.At least it gives me the incentive to put a 6 rib in there now. ;)
IMG_1328.jpg

ace :mrgreen:

had to come home early sunday due to discovering im alergic to wasp stings :shock:

me going down the strip :lol: :lol: :lol:

P1010563.jpg

P1010577.jpg

WTF!!!!!

worst job of a top weekend.
P1010612.jpg

EB camping
P1010573.jpg

Wicked weekend, meet up with some great peeps. Already looking forward to next year.

slammedresto said:
Earlybay then won best display,

IMAG0151.jpg

did they have a special award for most monochrome line up ;) :lol:

whose is that weird bay with the targa top and splitty windows?! is that what rikki posted a while back?

either way, top work guys, you rule

Once again I missed out on EB camping and the lineup being over with LTV, but we had a corking time :mrgreen:

Random moment of the weekend was walking into the auction tent after it had started, seeing Brian hold the EB toolbox up
action274.jpg

....said to my wife I wanted it and she started bidding on it, we went halves and Brads got £60. Wandered over to the other side of the tent to catch up with the rest of our club and bumped into Slammed who'd made it :lol:
action275.jpg

Looks brilliant, but I have a toolbag for the van already so I've got plans to seal it up and insulate the inside, should hold a few cans of beer or a bottle of bubbly when we're camping
action277.jpg

Well done on the lineup win as well, looked impressive :D

baron said:
whose is that weird bay with the targa top and splitty windows?! is that what rikki posted a while back?

either way, top work guys, you rule
[/quote]

Yeah it looks like the same one to me,but the image from the original post has been deleted now.It drew quite a crowd and was interesting to look at,but not something thats to my personal taste,but I can appreciate it.
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like a great weekend was had by all, maybe I will make the effort to get to this one next year.

Well done Gary for the organising. White westy's rock 8) :lol:

Jon

Latest posts