Advice anyone?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starbja17

Reaction score
I've been asked to help sell a 1971 VW T2 Campervan owned by an elderly man who has recently died & I'll admit I'm clueless on value, so any advice would really be welcomed. Obviously, I am keen to get a decent price towards the old chap's funeral costs.

The 'van was owned by the gent since it was 18 month old - over 45 year continuous ownership. As an engineer he maintained the van himself and kept records of everything done. Every MOT certificate is present too (the van appears to have been MOT'd every October according to DVLA site). As far as I can tell everything is present and working, although as the old man was ill over the past months it was not MOT'd last October.

More importantly, although the paintwork has been amateurishly sprayed whenever it was needed, it has kept the original, straight panels in remarkably rust free condition throughout. Apparently there is also a complete spare engine for the van too - it seems rotated engines; as one became tired he removed it for rebuilding whilst he installed another rebuilt. According to his family, the old chap covered some 300k with the van during his 45+ years ownership.

The interior is complete with fitted fridge, sink, gas hob, grill etc.

Post some more complete pics buddy - engine bay, side shots, rear and front including underneath as well as interior so peeps can see what condition the chassis is in.
Looks in decent condition so could be worth a decent sum - anything from 10k - 14k is my estimation if its not rotten.
Pics and perhaps a proper independent inspection will show its true value

Check out those filled front seams :(

With that snapshot and the roof I’m low balling this one. I also say 6k ish.

Latest posts