Auto renewal!!?????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aldaol

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westy
But a taken aback to see that I have been debited by PayPal £19.95 as an auto renewal!! I donated (I think) £15(?) last year when I received a request for a donation and again another £10 only recently in the last few months when I received another request, so why am I being automatically renewed now and being debited £19.95? Think this is entirely wrong and think I am being hoodwinked and the auto renewal without my prior knowledge is entirely wrong! DISAPPOINTED to say the very least

If you contact Paypal, they should be able to reverse the payment for you. Consumer protection for buyers is pretty good.

I'm afraid this element of the site management is managed by the owners who are in the US, not the bus enthusiasts that moderate it here. :(

Thanks for your response Mike,

I was a bit taken aback as well by the auto renewal. I’m all for supporting his forum and have been, but don’t really appreciate an unknown auto-renewal.
Can you stop this auto renewal from happening for me next year please?

Thank you.

Thanks for your response Mike,

I was a bit taken aback as well by the auto renewal. I’m all for supporting his forum and have been, but don’t really appreciate an unknown auto-renewal.
Can you stop this auto renewal from happening for me next year please?

Thank you.
You need to go to the top right of the page, click on your name and then your account and click on account upgrades, scroll down the page and there you can see any purchased upgrades. Click on the cancel button and then you'll need to go to your PayPal account and cancel the payment there as well.

Can I just add that we, the admin team, have not ever asked, e-mailed or messaged members for any payments to support the forum.
If you wish to help support this forum, buy a sticker please. These help contribute to any costs including show insurance, forum banners and flags, etc.

https://earlybay.com/threads/earlybay-com-stickers-available.81723/

Thanks for your reply sparkywig,
I know you never asked, but having been part of this site for some years I thought it only fair to support this website as I’ve gained lots from it, just chuckling reading ozziedogs daily posts is a highlight of visiting this forum 😂
Will keep it in mind.
Thank you guys for your work in any case!

Thanks for your reply sparkywig,
I know you never asked, but having been part of this site for some years I thought it only fair to support this website as I’ve gained lots from it, just chuckling reading ozziedogs daily posts is a highlight of visiting this forum 😂
Will keep it in mind.
Thank you guys for your work in any case!
I might remind you that most of my posts are meant to be factual and the fact that they usually end up as humour invoking is just a bit of a bonus. So ,,,,,while I’ve got your attention,, let me know what you personally think of those wheel covers I’ve bought and plonked on my van. I liked them so I bought them, then I fitted them and I liked them, then I went for a spin and while walking back to the van, I’m thinking,,,, do i like em? Or don’t I like em? Do I or don’t I. So I’m not usually one to ask others opinions, as you may have noticed but first time for everything I spose. Not that I’ll pay much attention as I’ve got a plan B up my sleeve anyway, supplied by Mr Harry R and another Mr R. But I’ve paid good money for them so they’ll stay on for this season at least.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,interesting, others opinions :)

Latest posts