Advice on selling my bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carpet Dan

Reaction score
Morning all
I'm new to the site and it's in unfortunate circumstances.
Myself and Mel (Better half) brought Gladys nearly 10 years ago with all the intentions of sympathetically doing her up.
At the time business was booming and over the course of the next few months we began stripping all brightwork ect off.
Then things went pop, business slowed so I now had the time for Gladys but not the money.
So we took on a pub! So no time or money for Gladys.
Now I'm back doing flooring and I really haven't the time that the old girl deserves.
So we've made the decision to sell and here lies the question.
Gladys is a Jan 1970 registered deluxe micro bus imported form california.
She has no interior, most of the brightwork has been removed (stored) she has damage to the lower front end(stupid American drivers) but is in original paint.
Do we pay to get her done before selling or sell as a project?
Thanks for reading the essay.
Look forward to hearing form you all.
Cheers
Dan

If she's been off the road for 10 years then 'recommissioning' her is probably going to be pretty expensive if someone else does the work, unless you can get 'mates rates'. Repairing the front could also be expensive depending on the extent of the damage - if you put a few pics up it'd help people.
Also - have you been running the engine etc. during this time?
My gut feel is that you wouldn't get back the money having her 'done', especially if say the engine is seized, but it'd make her easier to sell.
Given that we're virtually at the end of the 'season' I'd try and sell her as a winter project for someone.

Sell as is. They take loads of cash to get back on the road. Unless you can weld, spray fix etc etc it will be costly. You wouldn't get your dosh back. As stated. Gets some pics up. Can you not keep it until better times let u finish and use it

However much you think it`s going to cost, no matter how much the estimates are, and no matter how well intentioned all your friends are, the price you first think of add a zero to the end of it then you may have to double that too. So sell as is unless as said above, unless you can store it somewhere out of the weather until you have the money and the inclination and the time all in the correct quantities. Most of us have been through a resto or two and been bitten more than once.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,But take lots of pics for memories :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
However much you think it`s going to cost, no matter how much the estimates are, and no matter how well intentioned all your friends are, the price you first think of add a zero to the end of it then you may have to double that too.
Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,But take lots of pics for memories :mrgreen:

Well said - I couldn't agree more.

Latest posts