Air cooled only show

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd quite like to see the carparks segregated aswell.I quite often find myself wondering around the carparks, checking out real cars and not show cars and the toothbrush brigade as my old man used to call them!

So, VW parking nearer the gate would be nice!

And also, (!) Air cooled only autojumble. How much plastic do we have to avoid tripping/breaking these days?!

But as voiced above, I can't see it being worthwhile for the organisers. Perhaps just stick them in another field? In the next county perhaps?

Jim

I agree with all that has been said re: T4/T5's and would love for there to be just one or two shows a year that are for aircooled only...

It can't be all of them, T4/T5's have a place on the scene i guess, but just one show for 'real-dubs' I would welcome with open arms!

I'll offer to help with the organisation of an Aircooled Only show......

the_troupster said:
I'd quite like to see the carparks segregated aswell.I quite often find myself wondering around the carparks, checking out real cars and not show cars and the toothbrush brigade as my old man used to call them!

So, VW parking nearer the gate would be nice!

And also, (!) Air cooled only autojumble. How much plastic do we have to avoid tripping/breaking these days?!

But as voiced above, I can't see it being worthwhile for the organisers. Perhaps just stick them in another field? In the next county perhaps?

Jim

Ive found 'Mothers Powerball' is much more effective.

As some of you may be aware my background is as a production manager within the conference and events industry and Midland Early Bay has always been a second business that has run alongside that (means I'm sometimes hard to get hold of :oops: :oops: :oops: )

Its something I've looked at in the past and discussed briefly with the team, initially as an earlybay or bay only show but that could be expanded to air-cooled only.

The plan was to do a show along the lines of the OCTO swap meets is Cali that combine people showing their vans and offering parts for sale if they want to but not on a large scale, i.e. bits in front of your bus OK but if you want to do more than that you pay to trade in a separate area.

If people genuinely think theres an interest then I'll peruse the idea a bit further, the only issue I see is that the calendar is already crowded with events and finding a suitable weekend in the diary may be difficult.

I have a central location in mind that would appeal to owners with families and has very good transport links.

me for one Graham! I wouldn't worry too much about a clash with another event, if people want to go to an aircooled only show it won't matter.... IMHO anyway..

i'd be interested, i think the trick is to make it a relaxed vibe like ninove so people don't feel the urge to park their bus in the car park. they all need to be on show in my opinion. I remember counting the aircooled cars in the car park at a certain show and there was about twice as many than in the show field. The show field was filled with golfs t4s lts and other such shite that i don't want to see at an aircooled show. They should be in the bloody car park :lol:

sjc said:
i'd be interested, i think the trick is to make it a relaxed vibe like ninove so people don't feel the urge to park their bus in the car park. they all need to be on show in my opinion. I remember counting the aircooled cars in the car park at a certain show and there was about twice as many than in the show field. The show field was filled with golfs t4s lts and other such shite that i don't want to see at an aircooled show. They should be in the bloody car park :lol:

Here here

I reckon there should be a show for Crossovers only!

Seriously though I have got bored of all the ex-AA vans accompanied but Some fella in camo gear and a stupid hat

It sounds like there is some genuine interest and as Graham L has offered to do some perusing we may have a gathering of sorts on the calendar next year. That would be fantastic. :D

Count me in.

I was lucky enough to go to one of the OCTO swap meets last year and, if you could replicate that vibe, I would love to attend. If you old order the same level of sunshine too, you'd pull a massive crowd. :)

Rich

love the idea of an aircooled only event i would be up for that but i want to park near the entrance and see the look on the watercooled owners faces when they try to enter there t4,t5, and get the finger.. :lol:
im sure there wonderfull with all there modern gizmo,s and fancy cool bits ...but a pig in a dress ..is still a pig and if youre gonna be cool then youve got to be air cool... :mrgreen:

Sounds like a brill idea to me! I completely agree about the car parks to most shows, most of the stuff I like looking at is the car park as the owner hasn't thrown 20 grand at it, but has made it their bus. If we could do an air cooled one I'd be up for it. I do have a soft spot for T25 though, I suppose some if the early ones would quality!

And remember, you can't polish a turd....

Chris73 said:

Oh yes you can.....

001-69.jpg

;)

sparkywig said:
Chris73 said:

Oh yes you can.....

001-69.jpg

;)
he,s right you know ...http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&biw=1024&bih=677&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=2-Fi0jv-LLuvdM:&imgrefurl=http://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/mixing-techniques/could-you-polish-turds-324830/2/&docid=LvOppZCluHuuiM&imgurl=http://www.intruderalert.com/members/images/turd-polish.gif&w=400&h=375&ei=Qay-T9aGN6O-0QXEqZGaCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=109&vpy=4&dur=829&hovh=217&hovw=232&tx=90&ty=49&sig=100678598597381530122&page=1&tbnh=150&tbnw=160&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... :mrgreen:

anyone seen that mythbusters episode where they polish an actual turd, it looks like a snooker ball when thay had finished with it :lol:

Graham can you make the show this weekend, weather is bloody glorious!

Latest posts