Air Filter Hot Air Suction Valve

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air Cooled Rookie

Reaction score
Hi,
The little vacuum operated valve on the standard air filter of my Crossover has packed up.It's the one that prevents carb icing by allowing hot air into the carb until the ambient/engine temperature rises. I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them - are they still available?
Thanks

Air Cooled Rookie said:
Hi,
The little vacuum operated valve on the standard air filter of my Crossover has packed up.It's the one that prevents carb icing by allowing hot air into the carb until the ambient/engine temperature rises. I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them - are they still available?
Thanks

I've no idea, never seen one. I do have a complete air filter for sale if you can't find the part

Very similar valves were fitted to early Polo air filters and I've used these on early bay filters. They drop straight in but make sure you get the pipes the right way round. There is a thread on the JK forums called "original air filter" that explains exactly how the system works.

Latest posts