Aloha from Hawaii

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanithebus

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Transporter
M-codes
?
Aloha! My name is Greg and Lani is the name of my 1970 VW bus. I bought it just a few months ago from a guy who shipped it over from the mainland and I've been having fun restoring and turning the bus in to my daily driver around the island of Oahu. To start I had some body work done at the local Maaco, they fixed some rust and gave her a nice white over turquoise paint job. Now I'm working on the inside, already tore out the old seats, threw away the old 3 person bench seating in the front and passenger seats in the back, now its 2 bucket seats in the front and the back will turn into a simple camper configuration. I'm also about to convert the front drum brakes into disc brakes and probably remove the heating system since we don't need vehicle heating in Hawaii. Already I had my first mechanical issue when the clutch cable broke while I was driving... luckily into our parking garage where I live! That's what lead me to this forum when I searched for info about clutch cables, it's replaced but it looks like a poor design that can be improved. Anyway, that's what I love about this bus it's a DIYer's dream and I can't wait to get my hands more dirty. If anyone is ever in Hawaii look me up, our Insta is at lanithebus. IMG_3799.jpegIMG_3799.jpeg

Hi there, big welcome to the forum and nice of you to join us. We have members all over the planet. Nice to not need the heating, it’s not quite like that in the U.K.. More pics would be great and don’t be shy about joining in on any of the subjects that come up.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,fab looker that one. :) :cool: :)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting the picture. Good luck with the rest of your build, would love to see some more pictures!

Latest posts