Annual Cornwall Trip 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valentine Won said:
Glad you had a good time mate :D
nice piccies 8)

The weather was nice, the only real rain we had was at night, which was great! Except the Rapido decided to leak...........so a bucket was employed to catch the drip :lol: drip.........drip..........drip........ :lol: Sorted that yesterday, didnt realise there are screws on the roof holding the wooden strip (on the inside), these are covered by foam discs, anyway one had worked loose, so tightened it up and a dab of silicon sorted that out.

Bus developed a slight miss-fire one morning, strange I thought but it cleared itself and I didnt give it much thought. Then travelling up from Lands End last week, we got to Penzance roundabout and the miss-fire was bad! Barely got off the line, and limped along with the hazards going to the next lay-by on the A30. I pulled over and the engine stalled, turned the key and it fired but then stalled.........lifted the engine hatch thinking it must be electrical................the HT lead from the coil was hanging off! Cant understand how it ran at all :? But it did. All because I had a new lead set hanging about and decided to fit them before we set off........The short one from coil to dissy was too short :roll: Attached the lead and off we went 8) brought the old lead set with me (had a feeling) and refitted old coil lead.......job done

All in all a great trip, bus ran well, no banging from the rear, no rubbage from the front, no squealing from the front disc, best trip ive had 8)

Oh also fitted a Gene Berg Oil Temp dipstick sender the day before, what a brilliant bit of kit this is! For those who dont know, it replaces the dipstick and a wire connects to the oil pressure switch. The idea is when the oil temperature reaches 220-225 deg F the oil light flickers on the dash warning that the oil is reaching its limits and back off. It only flickered once on the Way to Exeter on the Friday when the ambiant temp was prob mid 20s and I climbed a long hill in 4th (with loaded van and 700kgs of trailer) so quite happy that the engine runs fine. Any one interested read more here http://www.vw-resource.com/dipstick.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like they say just if it ain`t broke don`t fix it!!!!
should have left the lead alone :roll: :lol:
thats exactly like something i would have done :lol:
glad you sorted the peado out as well mate

Latest posts