Annual Cornwall Trip 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning to take the bus for a roadtrip from mainland Europe across the southern coastline to Cornwall, first three weeks of August. Would like to experience total freedom, drive around and don't like to make reservations for campsites in advance.
But after reading this thread I'm not so sure about not prebooking sites. Any advice, please?

And oh yeah...: does anyone have any experience on the Boardmasters festival?

Cheers

uglybugger said:
Planning to take the bus for a roadtrip from mainland Europe across the southern coastline to Cornwall, first three weeks of August. Would like to experience total freedom, drive around and don't like to make reservations for campsites in advance.
But after reading this thread I'm not so sure about not prebooking sites. Any advice, please?

And oh yeah...: does anyone have any experience on the Boardmasters festival?

Cheers

There are loads of places to camp, it's just that I want something bang on the beach so we can walk down with the kids ect and these are the ones that are popular and get booked up, we will use the last week of our trip turning up on spec and this is when u find some gems that u would never normally find. Last year out of desperation we ended up on a site in Porthleven, basic facilities but clean, down a track in some corn fields and it was fantastic!

Gutted we won't be joining in the frivolities this year, but I'll be doing my best cider drinking across Europe and up the alps...gotta grab the van by the horns and try a biggy :D

Bundy said:
Gutted we won't be joining in the frivolities this year, but I'll be doing my best cider drinking across Europe and up the alps...gotta grab the van by the horns and try a biggy :D

Good on ya mate, im sure it will be done in the spirit of Cornwall 2012 :lol:

Olskoolchris said:
Creationblue, weve no plans yet just dates, weve got 1st two weeks of August off work.

Nice one, have a look thru Cornwall 2011 & 2012 threads as more info there too

churchtown farm booked 6th - 12th August :D
let the s-natch flow!
:party0041:
nobrak
cos Al's not coming this year we've got no worries about complaints!!
gutted you guys wont be there tho Bundy

r73 said:
let the s-natch flow!
nobrak

Gutted too mate....but I'm sure the complaints were wrongly put on us, I'm sure it was my 'croatianblue' neighbours :50:
Sure you will all get banned by the end of your hols! :lol:

Bundy said:
r73 said:
let the s-natch flow!
nobrak

Gutted too mate....but I'm sure the complaints were wrongly put on us, I'm sure it was my 'croatianblue' neighbours :50:
Sure you will all get banned by the end of your hols! :lol:

:?: :?: :?: I have no idea what you are eluding to Mr Bundy...........we were merely on a quiet family holiday, the only crime I committed was to introduce you to my stash of S'Natch :msn4:

:?: :?: :?: I have no idea what you are eluding to Mr Bundy...........we were merely on a quiet family holiday, the only crime I committed was to introduce you to my stash of S'Natch :msn4:[/quote]

:lol: the memories are great! Will definately miss that this year....but I'm sure there will be more times like it in the future!

Bundy said:
:lol: the memories are great! Will definately miss that this year....but I'm sure there will be more times like it in the future!

If we dont get expelled from the County this year that is :lol:

cotswoldiver said:
Bit of a theme here then, couple of trips planned in the south and west, and then just last week when the rain & snow was around booked a week in Skiathos for some 8)

Glad you still have your bus 8) Where are you travelling in Cornwall David?

I got churchtown booked 16th to 23rd August :D Then off to vw jamboree and finally to Harlyn Sands until the 31st :D Boooooooooosh!!!

We're planning to take the Chunnel 1st of Augustus and drive along the South coast in a couple of days to Cornwall. We've made up a list of campsites we could pick from across the county. I don't like to make reservations and prefer to enjoy the freedom. At the risk of coming second best :?: . Planning to attend the Boardmasters, though. I would love to spend a few week with the only concern to bare in mind is that we've got to be back home August 22 for a friend's wedding.

When's the school hollidays over there?

uglybugger said:
When's the school hollidays over there?

Last 2 weeks of July thru to end/1st week of September, you will be coming in the middle of it so expect rain :lol:

oldschoolmitchies said:
In my view best two camp sites in Cornwall are Trevedra (near Sennen) and Treen

This one? http://www.treenfarmcampsite.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like my kinda place 8)

Latest posts