Annual Cornwall Trip 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fat duk said:
I got churchtown booked 16th to 23rd August :D Then off to vw jamboree and finally to Harlyn Sands until the 31st :D Boooooooooosh!!!

That's bad timing (or good on your part :lol: ) 4 days after we gone

oldschoolmitchies said:
That's the one, I think every time we have been there have been other vee dubs there. Hood pub around the corner as well! :)

I had a quick read and you can't book in advance which isn't great as we will be there at peek time but will call in on our way bk from Trevedra and try our luck 8)

Dude sorry im gonna miss you by 4 days, can you leave me some sunshine (or cyder) when you leave
:mrgreen: Churchtown is a quality site

Valleycaravanpark is owned by a chap called Martin : Top bloke and a lovely venue : He's in his 70's but still rides his Harley all over Europe. If you turn up in a van he'll try his best to make space for you even if it means moving his own car off the drive. His missus Libby works behind the bar ... if she's there say Tim says hi (she also works for me ), you never know you may get a free beer :)
We've tended to go to Harlyn Sands or Mother Ivy's over the years .. bit further round the coast
HAve a great trip

menarunu.jpg

Close enough for you!! Love this site. Only have pitches round the edge so loads of space in middle for whatever you want. Been here every year of my life... for a month in the summer hols when i was a kid. Top quiet, friendly family site.

Trethias, near Padstow.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Like the look of that - getting well in the mood for a few apple juices sitting outside the buses down west - despite the weather!!

Just out of Hospital (spinal op again) and really looking forward to Cornwall trip, bus ready to roll but driver knackered :cry:
Have booked Henry's in the Lizard 29th July till 6th August so need to recuperate fast. If any of you guys are close would love to get together and sink a few beers (should be off the pills by then) :D :D

I'll also be in Cornwall this summer praying for Sun! Will be at Gwithian from the 17th of August to the 30th.

Booked into Gwithian Farm 1st week of July and then up to Dennis Cove in Padstow for a few days, normally go to Carnevas campsite in Porthcothan which is a great site but we have the bikes this year so Padstow as a base is ideal.

Would be great to sample some Rattlers in weather like this!

the_troupster said:
Devon/Cornwall bound middle two weeks in July so keeping an eye on this thread for ideas!

Cheers
Jim

Nice,

I'm heading up a little bit from home in North Devon to Somerset - perhaps go here on your trip back?

http://www.farmfestival.co.uk/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Went last year, really good laid back chilled vibes.

Cheers!

Alistair

6 weeks and counting. Portreath first 2 weeks in August. First time in the Creepers bus :D
toured 2 years back in the bang bus ...
Watergate bay
054-5.jpg

Talland bay
152.jpg

Fistal beach car park
055-4.jpg

Newquay harbour
034-8.jpg

and where we've been the past few years and going this year. Portreath
null_zpscd1cd792.jpg

null_zps09a86f52.jpg

null_zpsb4293618.jpg

Whilst you down in Cornwall drive to mingoose and take the meadow/forest walk to chapel ports beach, it will take about 30 mins but is well worth it, also if the food shack is open in the car park then I strongly advice a hedgehog ice cream they are awesome, Cornish ice cream with clotted cream then rolled in nuts !!!!

Apologies auto correct got me, it's chapel porth beach

We set off down tuesday the 30th of july down there for ten days, if any body wants to meet up just let me know if were near we'll pop over.

Olskoolchris said:
We set off down tuesday the 30th of july down there for ten days, if any body wants to meet up just let me know if were near we'll pop over.

Where you gonna be? Ill be in Polzeath on the Saturday for 4 days

Here we go, Padstow 2 days, Crantok 4 days then Brainton (Devon) 3 days. Hopefully it'll be a good trip.

Latest posts