Another August 70 - Westy (US)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubberdaz

Reaction score
Here is my bay in the states before i got her. A friend perchased her from the fist owner near San Fransisco, and had a 3 week holiday with his family before shipping her back to the UK.

Camping in the desert someplace between LA and Vegas (mines on the left)
vvww.jpg

and under the Vegas sign! (On the right)
USAroadtripoct05254.jpg

Now on my drive in UK
Sonyphone006-1.jpg

Then Lowered and a set of BRMS...mmm nice 8)
Golf015.jpg

Enjoying a weekend at BugJam having a shower...oh dear! Was fun at the time :oops:
100_0418.jpg

Then the strip down before going to body and paint shop...
DSC00290.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

and here is the latest from the bodyshop, can't wait to have her back all nice and shiney :D

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

USAroadtripoct05254.jpg

Im loving this one! I think I recall seeing these tour pics before on VZi? So cool. Lovely van! 8)

Good memories of us earlier this year too ...

100_0373.jpg
[/img]

:wink:

looks a nice van, and wicked to have pictures from it's former life

mine came from the states, got loads of documentation, but no pictures

i know it used to be used to go round all the nascar events in socal though, so it must have had a good life - the owner was aparently in the san francisco chapter of the classic sports car club, so I wonder what else they had in the garage

i do still feel a bit guilty about bringing it to wet cold england

Cool! I have the address from the old guy who bought my bus from new, so really need to send him a letter to ask for history. I have found the dealers web site as they are still selling VW's today 'Wes Lasher'.
I know what you mean, i bet my bus had the shock of it's life when waking up last winter covered in snow :shock:

Hello mate and welcome to the forum. Great van and looking good for the future 8)

Speedos and lynx in the same picture! this is the year 2006 innit???? :lol: :lol:

Hey LYNX and speedos are the latest thing here in Hereford :wink: We only got electricity 10 year ago....i think i maybe the first to get internet access!! Onlt dail-up though :D

Think we need an early bay westy (pearl white) line up. Good to get some history with the van Daz. Did the speedos come with the van and if so how much were they in the 70s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see you again in the new year at some shows. This could get tricky after a few beers

Radio flyer, check
BRMs, check
Pearl white, check
Overriders?? im sure you had them once.

DSCF0128.jpg

Latest posts