Another August 70 - Westy (US)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening Clyde , new to forum , so hello chap . i am leaning towards the commercial side of early bays , but i must say your pop top does bloody rock hope to see you at an event in the near future . and i hope i have one myself by then . :D

Hello Grazy nice to see new members on the forum. I dont get on here very often but its a great site.
Panel vans are cool and ive got some plans for if i ever get my hands on one (ratty brothel style........you read it here first. Copyright pending)
Im a westy fan, earlys of course. I like my comforts. Thanks for the comments on my bus, its been an insperation to a few bus lovers hey Clem.

Heres another to sway you to the ways of the westy.

DSCF0041-1.jpg

diggin your number plates Clem where from mate . i want my van to look used and abused , like an old work horse . It sounds good to me , and that is the thing about the VW scene , each van bus buggy and bug are all as individual as the owner . so there is no right or wrong look all down to personal taste or lack of !!!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Clyde! We have not quite got twin vans, but very close :shock:
Speedos are a relic from my teens, but still going strong!

Radio flyer, check - Yep, but mines old and abused.
BRMs, check - Yep, but mine are small five.
Pearl white, check - No, mine is 'Pastal White'
Overriders?? im sure you had them once. - Yep, they are being re-furbed.

I am also getting some chroming done- Wiper Arms, VW badge and square ring around electric hook up on side of van! So hopefully we wont be trying to get in the wrong van!! :?

Ok, so it's been just over another week and things are coming on nicely :D

I can't wait to get her back (told after xmas). I have loads to do, re-fit everything, take engine out a solve oil leak, fit new webber carb, gauges and fit loads of new shiny things 8)

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

Just finished the car port so ready to take her home as soon as!!!

Just been to see my bus again and she is all painted

DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0062.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

Can't wait to get her home next week and start re-fitting!

Cheers guys :D

Airtime - I have had her for just over 1 year now. Had fun all last summer in her with my family, went to shows and to the seaside. We are planning to go to France this year for our summer holidays.

Started fitting up bus. Also got engine out to sort small oil leak, fit new Webber carb and deep sump :)

DSCN0081.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

Van sung in the carport, out of the snow :lol:

Update, new steering joints fitted, engine cleaned up c/w new gaskets and seals and webber carb on. Back in and running! BRM's back on and beam adjusted back down again. Waiting for bumpers to be painted and the pop-top is yet to be tackled. Not long before MOT time now :?
DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0088.jpg

Hi there
Very nice van i have a question i have a april 1970 van like yours can you tell me if you have a shelf above the bed in the back or it has the ply roof liner all the way back to the rear door
Cheers

Nice work sweet looking van.
Hey panalvan, i've got a 69 westy and my ply goes all the way back, no shelf.[/quote]

Cheers guys! :D
Hey panelvan, my van has a shelf in the back. Some older vans have a cargo net. Not sure when it changed, but if you go to thesamba.com they have Westy manuals tto look at if that helps, Daz

Latest posts