Another Indicator/Hazard problem, sorry!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyh

Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve searched all the threads on hazards and indicators that I can find, and although they’ve helped in expanding my knowledge, I’ve not managed to sort my problem. The last 2 days have been spent trying to get sorted for the MOT, but with precious little progress. The indicators work fine, but pulling out the emergency hazard switch results in some buzzing and a burnt out flasher relay.
The bus is a 69 US-import westy, which has UK style rear lamps with both stop and indicator lights. The hazard switch is the 9 terminal type, although with the 54 terminal empty, I assume to enable the stop lights to work. The flasher relay is the 3pin type with the 2 blue wires both attached to the central terminal.
I’ve removed the hazard switch, as that seems the most likely culprit, and carried out the checks on it suggested in the Bently manual, and it’s fine. The earth up behind the dash is good.
So, what next; replace the hazard switch just in case? If so where’s good to get one?
After a fairly dispiriting couple of days I could use some advice and good news; tomorrow’s MOT has been cancelled and to top things off some blind monkey in a Volvo drove into the back of my Mrs and kids in her Audi A2 this afternoon on the M4. No one hurt, although shaken up, but it’s got a bit dent in the back! :cry:

Latest posts