any custom headliners out there?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preston

Reaction score
I'm having my headliner replaced on the 25th of this month and don't know if i should try something different? maybe have the window trims in matching vinyl to the seats and door cards? and whether to use perforated or not? or just keep it standard. Please show me yours :)

7915E81A-BA6F-44F8-BC4B-42A749709B17-315-000000F32251C44A.jpg

oh and what can i do with this?
C80B3F6E-4317-44DE-96D1-7660E1DD57FC-343-0000002772044D61.jpg

05FA6A9D-4613-4E65-BCAD-BA331E9B1D15-343-000000279150283E.jpg

Hi there my sister is a vehicle upholsterer who can do pretty much anything, I'll post some pictures of the interior of my bus when I work out how to!! She's done some custom headliners before! And as for the area around the rear door hinges I ended up scrapping the plastic covers and making a box section out of 6 mm MDF and spray glueing the headliner around it, worked pretty well will get some pictures for you!

Hibster40 said:
Hi there my sister is a vehicle upholsterer who can do pretty much anything, I'll post some pictures of the interior of my bus when I work out how to!! She's done some custom headliners before! And as for the area around the rear door hinges I ended up scrapping the plastic covers and making a box section out of 6 mm MDF and spray glueing the headliner around it, worked pretty well will get some pictures for you!

That would be good thanks, She doesn't live near Cambridge by any chance? I know you can get the plastic covers to go over the hinges. Its the bracket its self which is quite worn it looks to be welded onto the roof can anything be done with this?

I dont,Sorry. just got stuck in and that was the outcome.....haha!!! i basically just screwed 2x1 pieces in between the metal cross members,four or five across the width,then just screwed the tongue and grooving to where i could. where one piece hasnt got a screw,the piece next to it has,being tongue and grove it all holds together. suprisingly easy to do,just time consuming.

Do you have any pics of how you worked around the rear of the van, I bought the toungue and groove stuff recently Im just waiting to get stuck in with it.

I stopped it at the hinges,then made a top locker type box. for the time being ive just covered it in T&G board,mainly because i couldnt be bothered to make a door to turn it into a cupboard. Not entirely happy,so it may change....

Ill take a couple of photos tomorrow and pop them up.

MrAndyP said:
I stopped it at the hinges,then made a top locker type box. for the time being ive just covered it in T&G board,mainly because i couldnt be bothered to make a door to turn it into a cupboard. Not entirely happy,so it may change....

Ill take a couple of photos tomorrow and pop them up.

Thanks dude, my plan was an open fronted top locker to hide the hinges tbh. appreciate it. cheers.

Latest posts