Any one running on 17" wheels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynastydan35

Reaction score
I'm thinking about running my bus on 17s but I'm still in two minds :? . Any one got any pics?
I'll be uploading a build thread of my 69 deluxe tiptop in the next week or two :D

cheers

Dan

17s are a bit marmite mate , if you wanna go low they are a pain and if you are stock then IMO they look a bit stiltish, also getting low pro load rated can be troublesum.
they can look rad on the right set up, but as said, normally a lot of work.

just an opinion as we sold our 17s and went back to 15s

cheers

jth

DSC03952.JPG

Makes me want 17's now! :|

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

It is a bit of a pain to get 17s to work ( Porsche wheels anyway ) . And I agree with JTH: 17s on standard height buses just look sh*t .

sdfgl001_zpsfe3442d2-1_zpsced5245e.jpg

Karmann70 said:
It is a bit of a pain to get 17s to work ( Porsche wheels anyway ) . And I agree with JTH: 17s on standard height buses just look sh*t .

sdfgl001_zpsfe3442d2-1_zpsced5245e.jpg

Nice setup, what depth are the front wheel tubs with you?
I've tubbed front 1.5" and the back is plenty deep enough. Hope the front will be enough though?

I am but not got the stance settled yet. Check these out for inspiration

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17219" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I seen an EB about 7 years ago at the Bus Types show in Oswestry, it was dove blue or similar colour with Merc 17" Turbine alloys it looked awesome and from that day always wanted to fit 17"s to mine but all my mates say definitely not. I do agree they are like marmite (which I like) but set up right can look sh@t hot. As shown in the pics above...

To each their own on stance, what that means ride and your budget. Mine is down a notch at the back and couple at the front on an adjustable beam. The ride is firm at the front :shock: I would not say it is on stilts but that is all relative. Being slammed at 17's will be some work and $$ there is no doubt as has been said.
Mine runs on a 95 rated tyre at 50 series to keep the speedo close to stock.
Stanceatthelakeedit_zpsff2675da.png

john the horse said:

Quite Simply ....WOW! :-o

More inspiration for me to go 17's 1 day!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

john the horse said:
P1000280.jpg

17s

newwheels.jpg

15s

jth

oh and the magic dissappearing paint, it just floats away! three years and 4 sets of rims inbetween photos

I love certain busses on 17's....Yours looks so much better on the 15 fuch's though. 8)

Latest posts