Anyone been to Jersey camping?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlydog

Reaction score
As above really.. Thinking of heading to Jersey at some point this year and wondered if anyone had any pointers or recommendations at all? Thanks..

I've stayed at Rozel Campsite in Jersey and it was spot on. I think also it is better to book the ferry through the campsite rather than doing it independently, but don't quote me on that.

I've always fancied visiting either Jersey or Guernsey but never done anything about it, if you get any info please post it on here as we're always looking for somewhere else to visit

Been a good few years since we went so can't remember the name of where we stayed to make recommendations on that score but would recommend Jersey as a place to go. Good variety of things to do for such a small place (assuming you aren't after banging nightlife ;) ) and everything is in easy reach regardless of where on the island you stay.
The big empty beaches on the west coast make for a great photo opportunity and chilled day out as a change from doing things too.

Word of advice if you do go, don't take the seacat if you dont travel well by sea!

Stayed in the Beuvelande campsite over the may bank holiday. about 5 mins from Gorey. This is a top class site really friendly and clean showers and toilets. they have their own restaurant and bar which was reasonable and good quality. Not that expensive either. We paid £50.00 for three nights including croissants every morning for breakfast!

You need a permit to take your van onto Jersey. Book your crossing through the campsite as they normally have deals.
You can book the ferry separately through Condor ferries though. but remember to ask the campsite to organise your permit.

http://www.beuvelandecampsite.com/camp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!

One other thing! i agree with Geeze on the Conder fast cat ferry back to Poole we were in a force 7 90% of the passengers were throwing up not the best ride home!

Latest posts