Anyone else just.... Had a moment?!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlydog

Reaction score
I've spent three years getting my bus to where I want it, spent god only knows how much money and time and heartache getting it there, then a cascade of things happen and I almost sold it! What was I thinking?!!!
I always thought selling it would be the very last thing i'd ever do, but the pedal lever linkage snapping the morning before moving house day broke me lol!!

Merlydog hang in there its all part of the roller coaster of early bay ownership, I also thought of selling my bus a while back this was due to shortage of funds. :( and a few things going wrong with the bus. Im so glad now i didnt, the thought that i would only have had some old euro box to drive in place of my bus would have been too depressing for words.

we moved three years ago and really needed some money ,two years ago i had a very tidy bit of tackle veiwing my van outside the house as i had put sml for sale sighn in the window .well she came back two days later waveing £9.5 k at me at the last min the kids came to front doo with tears in there eyes begging me not to sell ,i have to say it was the worst feeling i have ever had,i turned to the girl and said sorry love i cant do it and put her in touch with a few freinds ,sadly it was the good lady who wanted to sell as we needed the cash and still do but last winter in below zero temp i pulled it apart to a bare shell and i am slowly doing a full resto so now it cant be sold for any good money :D and i keep my pride and joy

Being new to the bus scene and enjoying your post's, glad u are keeping your ride, can't imagine letting my bus go for any reason, no matter how bad things get, an hours drive in the bus and anything else seems irrelevant

ozziedog said:
That`s cheered me up a bit. Didn`t like that for sale post, not one bit :evil: :( :evil:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, How`s your new kennel then ??? :mrgreen:

I know! Crazy dog eh? Pressure of the move and new role at the dog pound took its toll cuz.. I've slept on it and back cooking on gas now though. It's all nice and leafy down here, lots of trees and green spaces to run around in,,,,, not to bad at all my hammer friend. :mrgreen:

bigdeano said:
Being new to the bus scene and enjoying your post's, glad u are keeping your ride, can't imagine letting my bus go for any reason, no matter how bad things get, an hours drive in the bus and anything else seems irrelevant

That's exactly as I felt deano, few major events in my life set me off track with the bus a little last week. It shocked me too having spent so long getting it to where I wanted it and then thinking about selling, I washed and waxed it this afternoon then went for a drive and suddenly realised that Vw's are pretty important in my life, I've owned one since I was 15 and my ultimate aim was a vw earlybay, just like mutley. If I sold it I'd be selling a fair old chunk of who I am. Now that's rather profound so I'll bugger off and go and make a cuppa tea and have another look out the window at my shiney bus :mrgreen:

dub boy said:
we moved three years ago and really needed some money ,two years ago i had a very tidy bit of tackle veiwing my van outside the house as i had put sml for sale sighn in the window .well she came back two days later waveing £9.5 k at me at the last min the kids came to front doo with tears in there eyes begging me not to sell ,i have to say it was the worst feeling i have ever had,i turned to the girl and said sorry love i cant do it and put her in touch with a few freinds ,sadly it was the good lady who wanted to sell as we needed the cash and still do but last winter in below zero temp i pulled it apart to a bare shell and i am slowly doing a full resto so now it cant be sold for any good money :D and i keep my pride and joy

It's not entirely about finances dub boy but they certainly do play a part, these beasts are no longer cheap to fix, restore or indeed run are they? Still I'm glad you kept yours too and are enjoying the resto. :mrgreen:

Merlydog said:
dub boy said:

It's not entirely about finances dub boy but they certainly do play a part, these beasts are no longer cheap to fix, restore or indeed run are they? Still I'm glad you kept yours too and are enjoying the resto. :mrgreen:
i am enjoying it ,would be nice to have a garage ,was out all day yesterday working on her and my arse is still num from cold now :lol: as for money the house will get done when we have money .every now and then the good lady slips me a few £££ and i buy another part and put in the box ready for when the body work is done ,i would have been so gutted to have lost it ,its bad enough not being able to drive her now :lol: :lol:

Glad your not selling, cant go through all that without never meeting each other! 8)

I can relate, I have had a series of money disasters as of late and it has crossed my mind to sell also,,,so far I have resisted, maybe I can talk the wife into selling her 1968 Mercury Cougar instead?

easy said:
Glad your not selling, cant go through all that without never meeting each other! 8)

That's true Ez, I'm currently saving for one of your exhausts. Few more months and we'll be good to go :)

Merlydog said:
easy said:

That's true Ez, I'm currently saving for one of your exhausts. Few more months and we'll be good to go :)

Thats great news, let me know when your ready and i will give the guys the heads up and i can pop up and meet you while its being fitted 8) :mrgreen:

Phew! Very glad to hear your bus is sticking with you Sarah. It would be a sad day to see the two of you part.

gvee said:
Phew! Very glad to hear your bus is sticking with you Sarah. It would be a sad day to see the two of you part.

Certainly would, I'm going to make a massive effort to use it this year as much as possible. We're now miles away from our families having moved so no excuse to use the bus to visit family and add a few days of camping in too :)

Latest posts