Anyone got a picture of how fuse box fits on 1970 bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWAIRCOOLED

Reaction score
When I got my bay the fusebox wasn't fitted in properly there seems to be a bit missing? Have a look at this picture,what should it be like please?

IMG_0897.jpg

VWAIRCOOLED said:
When I got my bay the fusebox wasn't fitted in properly there seems to be a bit missing? Have a look at this picture,what should it be like please?

IMG_0897.jpg

There should be a fusebox sitting where the empty bracket is :wink:
No seriously, is your fusebox missing two small tabs, one on either side? The lower portion of the fusebox has a small lip which should fit into that lower clip. The tabs that are on either side should be in front (facing you, that is) of the sides of the bracket.
This is from the 1970 T2 brochure...you can barely make out the tabs on either side. Don't worry about the fusebox cover, most were lost through the years.

70ownmanpage41.jpg

WHS

I think I have a spare cover kicking about in my tin of crap....I'll have a rummage if anyones interested? :D :D

Yeah I could do with the cover please,when I moved my fusebox earlier it shorted the fuses to the body! Also I don't have any tabs or lip on my fusebox,are they just plastic bits moulded in which could easily break off? If so mine have broken off.

No worries ill dig it out later...

I'm trying to picture the fuse box/holder... two holes in the front beneath the fuses hold screws and not 100% but are they captive nuts that lock onto the bracket? Or was that my 74...

Get another couple of pics up and it might force my brain into action...

Latest posts