Anyone had a ply kit from Custom Designs?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I'm going to order a full birch ply headlining kit and interior panel kit for my tin top panel van. I've seen a few selling them but Custom Designs seem the best price . Anyone had a kit from them ?

Hi
Yes i had a kit from them, i had to do a bit of trimming to get mine in but i also fitted new J channels, so maybe that's why i had to trim
other than that well made.
Take a look at my post (Fitting our Headliner) it may give you some tips

Thanks Vinvan

Just fitted one a couple of weekends ago, was asked for a number of measurements to ensure they sent me the right template but it still wasn't a great fit. The rear section was an inch or two too wide, the front was just wide enough but too long and the side panels were a bit too wide so be prepared for a bit of trimming. The wood was generally good quality and it was marginally less hassle than making my own panels, I'm not sure if I'd buy it again but they were cheaper than most other suppliers and the delivery was quick, just don't expect what turns up to be a perfect fit without any work.

Thanks for the heads up.From what peeps have said its made me think I might go for a kit from one of the other couple suppliers who while are more money like almost double it may be for a reason ? Will do a little more investigating I guess before I pay any ££.

Latest posts