anyone using lite steer on their bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedkustom

Reaction score
been speaking to the guys at lite steer, liking the idea of fitting it to my bus as driving the bus is causing me issues.
already running red9 wishbone set up but need it to be easier to use, drove it 30miles the other day and felt like id done ten rounds with Tyson the next day!

so anyone had it, using it or thinking of it?

cheers folks
;) ;)

It's on my list of things I'd like on mine, but a long way down at the moment, as I have other jobs on the bus to attend to first!

I spoke to a guy at Volksworld in the camping field who had it on his and he rated it as a good add on.

cool, guys at lite steer are really helpful. just wanted some feed back really as I haven't driven one myself.
its a chunk of change to spend so want to be 100% sure
once ive got it done n racked up some miles I'll probably do a write up, did the guy you spoke to have it on a bay?
;)

If you need power steering , nothing other than Lite steer.
Proven and tested. Backup service bar none.
Know someone who has one, and on my definite list.
Check this out on the web.

http://www.c13mpr.com/litesteer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps.

J & P
:D :D :D

cheers gasman, I seem to find people know someone who has one but not got it themselves!
I was kinda sold on it after seeing a youtube clip of a woman doing a 3 point turn and the steering being a one handed job!
gotta be done or the bus is just gonna sit there.

anyone else? 120+ views and only 2 replies?
;)

slammedkustom said:
cheers gasman, I seem to find people know someone who has one but not got it themselves!
I was kinda sold on it after seeing a youtube clip of a woman doing a 3 point turn and the steering being a one handed job!
gotta be done or the bus is just gonna sit there.

anyone else? 120+ views and only 2 replies?
;)

Not got it myself, but I know it's supposed to be a good system.

In the mean time, have you tried inflating your tyres more on the front? A bit higher pressures on the tyres will make it a little easier to turn.

Are you running standard 185s or wider?

Cheers.

I would also consider to £200 option on eBay. Friend had it in his bus and I've played with the litesteer at a show and for 20% of the price it should be considered.

Without knowing too much the automatic adjustment for high speeds is just on a knob, I think litesteer is automatic and I think you retain the original horn system with the litesteer.

There was a discussion not so long ago.

Harlequin said:
Steve B said:
Are you running standard 185s or wider?

Cheers.

:lol: that's a no :lol:

Doing Wheelsday on friday Chris ?

hoping to tel, was unsure with with all doom n gloom surrounding it on the web! also see what the weathers like cos you know rushmoor and rain don't mix!

Steve B im running 215/45/17s. tyre pressures are all bang on but too much is as bad as too little and your get excessive tyre wear and it can cause slip during braking. funnily enough just did the tyre pressures on the mother in laws fiesta and she said its like a new car... well she only had 13, 16 n 19 psi in a car taking 30 and 26!

whistler ive not seen the one on ebay, ill have a look. the lite steer one does let you keep the horn
also the speed controller is adjusted via the speedo so is speed sensitive rather than set by yourself.
I could probably make my own up as you can pick up an EPS unit second hand for around £25 but speaking to the guys at lite steer they can deal with the fact I have much wider tyres that stock so may need more torque and if there is any issues they are just an hour from my house
;)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62606&p=519947&hilit=litesteer#p519947" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This has the ebay link mate.

cheers heebee!
just had a look at the ebay kit. does look a lot bulkier than the lite steer kit and at that price it has to be a second hand unit.
im 90% sure the lite steer kit is all new. plus they can spec it to your bus. don't like the fact you have to cut and weld your column, Im a damn fine welder but some peoples leaves a lot to be desired!

also surely if you have to remember to switch the unit off n on your gonna wear it out quicker? how many people don't even notice their indicator is still on!
being speed sensitive has got to be more user friendly?

Gasman1 I email the guy on the blog you sent me the link to. he was very happy with his steering and reckoned its the best thing he has done to his bus! so thanks for that

chris , neil at litesteer is a total professional and all his stuff is new and well engineered....was thinking of going down this route in the future and would`nt hesitate in using him....he has a few vids on youtube and it makes the vehicle its attached to real easy to drive, they`re not cheap the kits but in my opinion you get what ya pay for in this world and cash is king as they say........hope alls well in your world and that babe and kate are all good too :mrgreen:

I had it fitted last year on my late bay and it works really well. It has transformed low speed manoeuvring and parking and I don't get shoulder and neck ache, you can use one hand on the wheel while reversing. The customer service from Neil and his lovely wife was great, I arrived late morning and spent the few hours it took at a local pub for lunch. Neil also noticed some issues on the handbrake and fixed it free of charge. It is noticeable on the steering column but it is a well engineered price of kit. I usually lurk on here and the latebay but had to recommend the Litesteer after such good service and product.

nimrodihnio
just what I wanted, some first hand experience. on the move the bus is fine but im finding the low speed turning a problem. so parking, round town and getting it in the garage are a pain. thanks for not being a lurker this time :lol:

wanderlust
I can suggest it, hell im all for saving cash

ooro
good to hear from you buddy, saw your bus at the voowoo show but never saw you! Katie n the bubba are doing great.
bubbas not such a bubba now at 19months! :shock: she loves the bus so want to get her out n about in it.
hope your all doing well.
re lite steer, the stuff is very well engineered and that's one of the things that sold it on me. plus neil can accomodate the fact I have a bevel box and steering rack, plus the fact I have bigger wheel n tyres can be factored in. its not a one kit fits all and he isn't afraid to discuss options which is refreshing.

spoke to neil about the £200 ebay jobbies compared to his offering
the units he uses are fully reconditioned. come with a 2yrs warranty and he has full product liability insurance. worth considering as ive always said your don't cut corners with steering, tyres n brakes!
;)

dont know how far from NW Kent you are but if you get yourself to a Paintscrapers club meet at the Stables in Dason park Welling on the fourth wednesday of the month, theres a couple of our members that have the Litesteer fitted. Nothing but praise from both of them and im sure they'd let you test drive their vans. Neil also often pops up and obviously has it fitted to his bay too.

im only in Orpington, just off seven oaks way
I know anton n some of the other paintscrapers.. just trying to get up to meet isn't the easiest with a bubba.
thanks for the pointer tho.

http://www.easysteer.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like there is another on the market. It says in the youtube comments its £625 fully fitted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE5B8uVGIqM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stick with the original tried and tested and fitted to many makes of car not just VW's, you won't go wrong with Neil as he know his stuff . One of the good guys out there making an honest living.

Latest posts