anyone using lite steer on their bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to put my two penny's worth in. Rather than going for the column assisted steering (like on B-cars like Fiesta) have you looked into whether you can replace the red9design supplied rack with an EPAS rack?

That way, you may be able to maintian the visual look of the original steering while having the benefit of rack assited power steering.

I have no experience of the litesteer product.

I purchased mine with the Lite Steer kit already fitted. I have 17" wheels/tyres too. can't comment on before and after feel unfortunately as last time I drove a Bay was almost thirty years ago, for around 2 miles. All seems good though. Mine came with a steering wheel knob thing fitted, like you see on trucks sometimes. This makes a difference.

I spoke to neil and he said he would give 10% off to all earlybayers!

seen the other kit but I like the fact that litesteer are an hour down the road from me.
im looking forward to getting the bus sorted. I took my mk3 golf to Coventry n back over the weekend. feel about 80 years old today.

Hi Chris

Only just seen this thread, we are a fitting agent for Litesteer and would highly recommend the product, Neil and his team have put a lot of thought and detail into the design and as has been mentioned the product is constantly evolving and improving and it has automatic speed sensitive setting and you still retain the original horn. We've fitted 3 or 4 kits now and having driven all of them it makes a massive difference to the driving experience, considering one for our own bus when funds allow :)

hi graham

well I bit the bullet and had it fitted. I went down last Thursday as id been speaking to neil and discussing the fact that I have the red9 wishbone set up and I was trying to pre empt any issues.
I glad we fitted it down at his workshop as it turn out that my set up did have an issue. something id been trying to rectify but neil sorted it out as he is not only very knowledgable about steering but also has a very well equipped workshop!

ill do a little write up later but basically am I happy, yes I am very happy. couldn't belive the difference it made to the bus.
the drive back was so much easier, you can easily steer with one hand if you want. in fact its easier to drive than my golf and this weekend it was the only vehicle I used.

in short its another chunk of change to spend on the bus but worth every penny. id recommend it to anyone and until you drive it yourself its hard to belive how good it is.

Sorry for the thread resurrection.... Is the 10% offer still available and does that apply to both supplied and fitted prices? Thanks!

I would suspect the 10% is off the cost of the unit only, you cannot expect suppliers/fitting centres to discount their labour rates by 10%

Latest posts