Aperture seal kit from heritage - any good?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlydeluxe

Reaction score
Has anybody tried this kit from heritage http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Aperture-Seal-kit-T2-68-71-LHD-211898182_act_shop.product_pID_108603004.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ? I tried to communicate with their sales department to find out what quality they deliver, but the only information they supply is "Yes they are an extra value kit so reproduction parts I would expect"... Not very informative. Hmm, added up their ordinary quality seals will cost £ 127,-, but the kit costs £ 141,-...
So what is it you get? Is the kit any good?...

earlydeluxe said:
Has anybody tried this kit from heritage http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Aperture-Seal-kit-T2-68-71-LHD-211898182_act_shop.product_pID_108603004.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ? I tried to communicate with their sales department to find out what quality they deliver, but the only information they supply is "Yes they are an extra value kit so reproduction parts I would expect"... Not very informative. Hmm, added up their ordinary quality seals will cost £ 127,-, but the kit costs £ 141,-...
So what is it you get? Is the kit any good?...

Do feel free to contact me direct if you ever need any help.

[email protected]

0044 1444 251 270

(although I am now away for two weeks on my holidays)

Hi Alex, I will do that... I am composing a larger order to tie up some loose ends on my earlybay. Good thing is that heritage has 95% of the stuff I need in stock, only thing I am missing is a more acute statement regarding the quality of the seals. I don´t want to end up with something I don´t fancy... I tried to contact costumer service again last night, no answer yet, but I haven´t given up hope yet ;-)...

We only operate from 9am til 5:30pm Mon to Fri and 10am til 4pm on a Sat.

We have a lot of seals made in the UK now to our specs and some of the kit are these and some are from another good supplier.

These are good quality seals but unlike lots of others who claim something is german quality etc, we dont like getting involved.

Our products do speak for themselves.

OK, I can see though that you offer German quality seals on your site, but they are not included in your kit I understand. I presume, that the seals are what you call UK quality then. As mentioned above, adding up the listed price for std quality seals I end up at a price that is lower than the kit price. Therefore too I was curious about what kind of qualities are included and whether I actually would save anything by ordering it ;-).
Do the UK ones have a similar rubber consistancy and thickness as the so called German ones? I guess the only way to find out is to try them and compare them to the NOS VW door seals that I have fitted to my latebay Westy...

Latest posts