Arizona Yellow '68 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent a bit of time on it this weekend, had the electrics sorted out and got the bumper to fit :) Then it was time for the engine to come out for a bit of a spruce up 8)

sweet van, two-tone stock wide fives look cool, especially with the rears banded 8) ...just a thought :)

Well a fair bit has happened recently with no updates :lol:

After Iain at aircooled autoelectrics had sorted the wiring out I pulled the engine out for a spruce up, even the mrs helped!

Then threw it back in last weekend, will try and get it running later on today :)

I bought a 3" narrowed beam from 69doublecab on here wayyy back in September last year, and after picking up some french slammer spindles at dubfreeze last weekend it was finally time to fit it 8)

Not the best pictures but its blocked in the unit at the moment :lol:

Aiming to get it running this week and drag it out in the next couple of weekends for a test drive. Then a final bit of checking over and it will be ready for its first UK mot :D

Looking great. Have you any plans and for the interior? Or is it MOT first then an the next steps. The yellow paint does look good.

marco said:
sweet van, two-tone stock wide fives look cool, especially with the rears banded 8) ...just a thought :)
Must totally agree, although i fully resprayed my bus, this bus has just got to stay rat ( but definitely that one step above )
Must go with the banded steels, but how's the budget for a narrow beam
Ohh yeh
Just had a closer look at the pics, has the front beam already been narrowed

The paintwork will NEVER be changed, although as a painter by trade some people find this hard to believe :lol:

My girlfriend has her heart set on a set of BRMs for it, but she may be swayed ;)

Front end is sat on a 3" narrowed beam and french slammer spindles.

Interior wise we're planning on having a full width bed with a few bits and bobs for camping without being too full-on 8)

Sounds like you should have the perfect bus at the end 'in my eyes anyway' need to show some good pics of buses already running the steels to sway the boss
It's nice to be a bit individual and stand out from the crowd, you can't beat the look of a deep rim, just remember the Porsche speedster & rostyles off the ford Mexico's
It's got to be a full width Rock & roll, total bliss, who needs that stupid side cupboard anyway, cuts all the light out of the van & do you really need hanging space
Would be good to get a bit of a line up for busfest this year or one of the santapod shows, still got plenty of time
Don't rush it, get it right first time

I do love the deep steels 8)

The full width bed was always going to be the way, apparently i "starfish" in my sleep whatever that means :lol: When is busfest dude? is that the one at oswestry, its only up the road if so :)

Going to try and get as many shows done as possible 8)

So i pulled it out of the unit today and it started first time and moved under its own steam for the first time on UK soil!! :D

Need to do a couple of little bits and bobs, fuel gauge not working?? Washer bottle pipes, anyone know where they should run and how do i operate them?

Anyway heres some pics.......

A painter!!!
Running a rat look bus!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever next!!!!!!!!!
:lol:
Good luck with the MOT
Bus looks 8) !!

I was there too briefly, would have been good to see this one in person, really like this bus.

Latest posts