Automatic Fire Extinguishers from Just Kampers Fitting?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderbus

Reaction score
I have just bought one of these from Just Campers. It has to be installed with the the nozzle 15 degrees below hoizontal and goes of at 79C. I have a 1970 van. Has anyone fitted one if so where did you put it?? Any photos if possible. The instructions with it are a bit basic

I thought about fixing it to the tailgate but am worried it could go off accidentally when I shut the engine lid!! Any thoughts??

:!:

have a look thro' this thread on the JK site

http://www.justkampers.com/forum/thread/view/auto_fire_extinguisher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they are extremely basic and the wrong thing for an engine bay so small....

the problem you'll have is 79degs at the bulb for it to go off so for instance the fire is likely to flare at the carb/dizzy for the quickest response you will need the bulb/rose at this point, if the fire starts else where the fire has a chance to get a footing granted not too big a footing.... its also very intrusive though it has the benifit of being easy to remove for service.....

yeah tailgates not a good idea, the bulbs are fairly rugged but the risk of it shattering isnt worth it, plus it will piss you off everytime you smack your head....

What I will say though, when it goes off the whole bay will get covered for sure, if you select a mounting point so that the nozzle has a good splash off a surface it will improve your coverage....

Latest posts