Baby dells - dellorto frd 34b setup

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zappa69

Reaction score
Hi all, thinking of buying a pair of dellorto frd 34b's for my 1776 engine. What else do I need in order to get these carbs on and working. I cant find any writeup's regarding setup and cant find what manifold it takes either? Any help gratefully received.
Mat

Hi Mat

My suggestion is if you haven’t bought them yet, to get either Weber 34 ICT’s or 40 IDF’s/DRLA’s.
The problem with the 34 Dell’s is that they are not so common, so parts will be rare and expensive. Also there are practically no difference in performance compared to the Weber ICT, but the IDF/DRLA will perform much better.
Unless i got them for practically nothing, i would not invest in the 34 FRD.

Abel

Agree with everything Abel has said, I fitted a set for someone and the jets were very pricey compared to Weber’s.

Personally I’d get some new Weber from Eurocarb as they have haven’t made Dell’orto’s for 25 odd years so it’s a bit of a gamble as to how knackered a set are gonna be. Plus with the new kit you’ll get the correct manifolds, linkage, gaskets and air cleaners all included

Latest posts