Bambus parcel shelf for 1971 bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swetton1

Reaction score
Which are the best ones to get please

JK do them and some are white some seem to be brown with red inner wiring which i think look cool

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Sidog

Hi Sidog, a few of the peeps on here have made their own shelves from templates, but the thing to bear in mind is that they need to be fairly flimsy just in case you get into a bit of a bump. Check out a few at some of the shows in the oncoming season or post a ` `Show us your shelves ` ` sort of thread to get some inspiration. This is number three thousand four hundred and seventy eight on my list of things to do on my bus ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Are we related ???? :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Was thinking about a parcel shelf but the cheaper ones are still expensive and have a few negative reviews, and the bambus one is just plain expensive...

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/211857111V/parcel-shelf-vinyl-r-lhd-68-79/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great Quality and we are doing 10% off all orders over £100 in our Chrimbo Sale currently.

So Friday in the garage with the vino. Managed to start my attempt at a parcel under dash shelf.
Bambus to dear for me.
Cover for house radiators. cheap single skin hose from Go Outdoors split in the middle.
Will show finished product when done. Did not turn out to bad so far, needed it to be crushable
so it wont take my legs off.

J & P
:D :D :D

Final product in place . Designed for the light stuff.(wallet etc.)
Won't break any knees, soft board used . Radiator cover painted, and
piece of hose with a cut down the centre and placed over edge .

J & P

That`s looking very very nice, I thought the comment was a little cheeky though and perhaps a tad show off ish,, mentioning the fact that you still have a wallet even after owning an early bay ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Yer cums summer :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: As I said this was intended to be a place just to put very :lol: light stuff.
The shelf is resting on a aluminium brackets , one on the right and one far left.
They stick out quite far so hold the shelf up without to much hassle.
It was not designed to carry any thing more than house keys mobile phone and the remnants of what was once
an expensive container for paper. :lol: :lol:
Ozziedog, I guess you are right and consider myself suitably chastised to even have had such a thought. :lol: :lol:

J & P

Latest posts