Battery dead... long live the battery...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenchk

Reaction score
With the sun shining I have just gone to start up my van and it is dead... the battery. I have removed it and now have it on charge. On the basis it is completely dead I presume no issues with recharging as it is flat as a pancake? Might need to top up the water...

I'm in mega countdown mode for Volksworld... van on club stand... need to get it going... need to get insurance... hasn't been out for a run since before Christmas so hopefully the battery will help me get her going... or else will need to get the AA.... must renew AA membership first....

New batteries cost about £80 so hopefully my recharge will be successfull!

£80!!!!!!!!!! I just went through finding a new battery and phoned around all the usual suspects and found Euro Car Parts the cheapest at about £33. It's not a huge battery but it is a Bosch one they recommend.

Arran.

also if you have removed it from the van dont sit it on a concrete floor, dont ask me why but i have been told this can knaker a battery!

Topped the water up, had the battery on charge, refitted, but... not enough power to get the van going... called out a 'man in the know' (breakdown assistance)... and the technical term was that the battery was shagged. Will need to seek out a new one ASAP. Anyway, the 'man in the know' got the van working... briefly... Roll on Volksworld... and anyone coming look out for the Essex VW Dubbers stand and look for, i think the only, VW van... green and white... one tall thin, but good looking man, and his devil of a son. see you at Volksworld...

Latest posts