battery starter relay switch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subheatadey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
other than replacing my tired battery which came from a 12 year Ford focus, I want to install a starter relay switch in the engine bay so its not pulling power all the way from the ignition switch, I know it as been done by plenty of people on here so just wondering what did you use and where you got one from?

Tar :D

subheatadey said:
Hi Guys,
other than replacing my tired battery which came from a 12 year Ford focus, I want to install a starter relay switch in the engine bay so its not pulling power all the way from the ignition switch, I know it as been done by plenty of people on here so just wondering what did you use and where you got one from?

Something like this maybe? 70 amp heavy duty 12 volt on-off

subheatadey said:
subheatadey said:
Hi Guys,

Something like this maybe? 70 amp heavy duty 12 volt on-off
I would prefer one that did not have spade connectors on the starter side though :D

Ade mate, my pal did mine a few years back. He used a scabby old relay that I found in a box of crap in the garage. He did a better up dated version with a not quite so scabby relay that we found in the entrails of a 72 cross dresser a couple of months later. I think Any relay is better than none.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, don’t over stink it bud :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

I did it to the bug when the wiring started breaking down, lasted 6 years until I took it off the road. A bog-standard automotive relay is fine- remember you're not driving the starter with it, just the solenoid.

Not trying to high jack the thread , could someone please direct me to a wiring diagram to do this job.

J & P
:D :D :D

@gas1man
Think this is what you need . ?[emoji106]
141b30a8ba8793ed91849f5e7b02ac22.jpg

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts