Bay wiring loom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubdaze

Reaction score
I want to get a loom that fits a 72 bay but is modified for a 2.0 AIRCOOLED engine. Anyone know a company that can make them up with the proper connections etc?

Richard Henwood
07912 854442

Had my bus electrics sorted by this guy
Iain from "Aircooled Auto Elec NW" fantastic job good price too, he will travel anywhere to fix your bus
Also makes and fits his own wiring looms, 240 hookup, duel charge systems, in fact anything to do with the electrics
contact him on his facebook page or give him a call on 07426 885507
You wont be disappointed

Thanks Vinvan

vinvan said:
Had my bus electrics sorted by this guy
Iain from "Aircooled Auto Elec NW" fantastic job good price too,

Can't fault Iain, he did a brilliant job on my bus a couple of months back and at what I consider to be a fair price. Nice bloke too.

Kev

So whats a complete new re wire supply and fit coming in at roughly? Not a job I'm going to be doing anytime soon but would be nice to get a rough idea for future budgets. My wiring has set me back 3 breakdowns all sorted fairly quickly but it would be nice to get that piece of mind when setting off on your hols!!

Rapid Loom cost me £300ish.

Took around 3 hours to fit, maybe another couple to troubleshoot minor issues.

I know the basics but I'm not an auto electrician

Everything labelled and all modern wiring/blade fuses. Extras for senders/12v ign feeds etc.

Bought a LHD euro loom for my 71 bus which meant all the lights etc were already ready to be converted. (Ive kept the US rear lights but using reverse lights as indicators)

Only issue I had was the wiper loom needed a few mods as I had an older motor, but just a simple change.

If your after a DIY solution I couldn't fault it. Modern loom for an old bus, rather than new wiring but using a 40yr old design.

From this

FB_IMG_1457869183744_zpsgc6az9zs.jpg

to this
DSC_0074_zpst5fxtr1x.jpg

Latest posts