baysdrums 68 bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baysdrum

Reaction score
acquired feb 09, imported from california via oregon
damage to front panel and left hand side door and side but otherwise in good nick and nice interior

P2240254.jpg

P2240273-1-1.jpg

P2240248-1.jpg

P2240250.jpg

any comments or suggestions welcome
should i keep it as it is or what????

thanks for the above comments everyone. :)
my thoughts were definitely keep it as it is for the moment with repairs to front panel
going to get a 4 berth sleeper awning for nights away with and kids + dog
going to have a good look at other buses and campers before deciding to do anything else
don't know whether to remove spare wheel from front or not
what are z-hinges :?:
quite fancy lowering it a bit and adding some tasty wheels

Nice bus 8) definately as Aaron says repair the front and Z hinges is the way to go 8)

Lovely bus very similar to my own pride and joy!

The interior looks like its brand new almost hurts your eyes to look directly at those seats lol.

Think it will look really good lowered to mate, only bit of advice do it right and spend that bit extra you'll live to regret it if you dont as i've learnt to my expense.

As for the interior I had a similar issue with my bus thats why i ended up making the Z Hinges they let you keep your original interior and also sleep in your van should you so with!

Lots of info here

http://www.camperstuff.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seems to be selling a fair few already this season just got rid of 20 sets to Australia

Absolutely gorgeous! I've always loved the white exterior and red interior combo. And yes, what a fabulous condition that interior is in too.
If it were mine I'd keep the interior and put the Z hinges on, like others have mentioned.:D

thanks for all the comments
those z hinges look like a good idea- will definitely consider them
what do you advise about fitting seatbelts in the rear (ooer missus) :?:
would you do all lapbelts or 3 point belts at the sides and laps in the middle :?: :?
i would like to fit inertia reel belts if poss.
i have replaced standard front belts with red inertia jobs from vw heritage

Latest posts