Been to the T2 Boot Camp

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattie

Reaction score
Hi all
Just thought I'd share my experience with the Type 2 Detectives Boot Camp
that I did last Saturday.
I know that some of you will think it over priced and pointless but to a complete aircooled novice like me it was fantastic!
Well run and organised by the to main Men Paul and Mark.
With no egos and no questions unanswered even the stupid one's
It's one of the best investments I've made into my Bay!
From understanding electrics to engine removal to common brake down problems and how to fix the them,
Worth it for peace of mind.
I now have an opportunity to have a 121 half day sessions where we go over every aspect of my own bus.
For more information look here.

http://www.type2detectives.com/bus-boot-camp

Ps the food is pretty good as well!

8)

I think for newcomers to buses it makes good sense. Whats is it, the cost a service at a garage?

Yes it's about £190 you even learn how to do your own servicing.
How many other garages would open there doors up to the public? :lol:

Thanks for this.

My son and I have been thinking about going but at the best part of £400 for the 2 of us have had reservations.

This has now allayed our concerns and will be booking soon.

We used to offer a similar service free at our open days and happily give free advice out to whoever asks, out of interest how many people do they have on each boot camp?

There were 15 of us.
Once you have been they then are only a phone call away for free advice also. 8)

Wow 15 x 190 = ............ that's not a bad turnover in a day with no stock etc to carry, purely cynical/jealous I'm in the wrong game

Like Mattie, I have done the T2D Bootcamp, and for a total novice I'd say it is well worth it. The whole day is relaxed and informative, and just the chance to walk under a bus was a treat. Usually I am on my back, on the drive, with my nose touching the underside, covered in crud and not getting the big picture.

However there is no opportunity to get 'hands on' under supervision at the bootcamp. :roll:

Although I have put quite a bit of what I learned in to practice since, a follow up opportunity for a day / half day of getting down and dirty under supervision would be welcome. If the Techender events could fall nice, they could be the answer, of course. Or perhaps Graham L will be tempted to organise something (hint!)? :D

busdiver said:
Wow 15 x 190 = ............ that's not a bad turnover in a day with no stock etc to carry, purely cynical/jealous I'm in the wrong game

Yes I'd done the same sums and its more cost effective that actually working on the buses themselves, if theres enough interest I'm happy to organise a 'fix your early bay day'

Graham L said:
Yes I'd done the same sums and its more cost effective that actually working on the buses themselves, if theres enough interest I'm happy to organise a 'fix your early bay day'
Earlybay campout/booze-up/fix-up? :mrgreen:
Sounds like a plan ;)

Graham L said:
busdiver said:

Do it Graham. It would be great

Graham L said:
busdiver said:

Same here - would be a great experience, especially with beer and camping (afterwards ofcourse!) :msn4:

Sort of being on the same subject - what about the Techender weekend as discussed on Just Kampers forums?

I would be up for an early bay tech weekend as a newbie. Sounds like a good laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graham L said:
busdiver said:

Yeah do it !

Been interested in this. I can usually cope reading from a manual but being shown is far better. Very interested in that techender weekend but if there was an earlybay one... ;)

Latest posts