Belt line trim holes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottom rung said:
Does anyone have a group of pics of the spacing and number of the holes needed to fit deluxe belt line trim to the various panels on an early bay? Ta!

I found this overhere and i used it myself.

I couldn't find the dressmaking tape measure so I had to use a steel rule, and some of the measurements might seem a bit odd, but they are as close as I could get using this rule, so hopefully they'll be useful

I don't have the original o/s cab door or the o/s sliding door cover so I wasn't able to get any measurements for them. I also didn't measure the o/s rear corner - but the hole positions looked the same as the n/s rear corner - but if you want me to measure them I will

I didn't measure the position of the holes - in relation the swage line as they looked bang on central to me.

cab door (n/s)
7 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 38mm from front edge of door
Centre of Hole 2 is 115mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 116mm from centre of Hole 2
Next there's a gap of 29mm from centre of Hole 3 to the left most edge of the wing mirror hole
There's also a 29mm gap from the right most edge of the wing mirror hole to the centre of Hole 4
Centre of Hole 5 is 233mm from centre of Hole 4
Centre of Hole 6 is 233mm from centre of Hole 5
Centre of Hole 7 is 233mm from centre of Hole 6
Finally there's a gap of 18mm from centre of Hole 7 to the right most edge of the door

b-post (n/s)
2 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 10mm from front edge of post
Centre of Hole 2 is 13mm from centre of Hole 1
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 2 to the right most edge of the post

sliding door (n/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 20mm from front edge of the door
Centre of Hole 2 is 295mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 295mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 295mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 295mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 20mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the door

sliding door cover (n/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 10mm from front edge of cover
Centre of Hole 2 is 297mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 300mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 300mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 280mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the cover

Rear corner (n/s)
4 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 20mm from front edge of seam
Centre of Hole 2 is 135mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 135mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 135mm from centre of Hole 3
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 4 to the edge of the panel

Rear hatch (n/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 27mm from front edge of hatch
Centre of Hole 2 is 300mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 300mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 300mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 300mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the door

sliding door (o/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 32mm from front edge of the door
Centre of Hole 2 is 297mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 297mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 297mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 297mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 18mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the door

If you are using old trim there are normally marks on the back to help decide on the spacing. Also with old ones it is worth moving them a couple of mm to help get a tight fit. The door piller takes 2 clips.

The most important bit is to get it dead level. I started with the doors and used the mirrors as a centre line, I used masking tape and a meter rule and my eye. Once I had a line all of the way around that I was happy with I started marking the holes.

The hardest pieces are the rear corners, the ends are easy but it is difficult to level the centre.

Good luck.

Jon

Latest posts